Missing embedded components(pbl,dpaa,ddr,device tree etc.) on a QorIQ Configuration Suite Project!

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing embedded components(pbl,dpaa,ddr,device tree etc.) on a QorIQ Configuration Suite Project!

Jump to solution
eminkoc
Contributor I

Hello,

I have downloaded the QorIQ Configuration Suite plug-in to my CW PA 10.2.1  IDE and followed the instructions of a freescale video to create a QorIQ config. project but no empedded components appeared on the components library window so I coulnd't generate a Processor Expert code. Here is the image of my IDE4093_4093.JPGCapture.JPG

But the Components Library window should be look like this:

4095_4095.JPGCapture2.JPG

How can I get these components?

I have searched for days but I couldn't find out why it has no component or where can I find them.

Thanks in advance

Emin Koç

Original Attachment has been moved to: console.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: cweclipse-items.rar.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrKraus
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The root cause of this issue has been identified. Processor Expert file decoding doesn't work well on machines with Turkish local settings - using Turkish character set.

A hot-fix solution is available.

The problem will be fixed in QCS 2.3.4 (22-May-13).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
24 Replies
eminkoc
Contributor I

Thanks to PEx team for their effort.

Emin Koç

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

could you please write more details on which operating system do you use and which QorIQ Configuration Suite version are you using?

There might be a problem that on some OSes it's necessary to install the QorIQ config suite with administrator rights.

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
eminkoc
Contributor I

Hi,

Windows 7

Codewarrior PA 10.2.1

QorIQ Configuration Suite 2.3.3_cwpa.10.2.x

I have already install it with administrator rights.(I run CW as administrator rights and install QCS )

Actually my CW IDE can not be opened without administrator permission so I always run it as admin. rights

Thank you

Emin Koç

0 Kudos
Petr_H
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

thank you. Did installing it with administrator rights resolved the problem ?

best regards

Petr Hradsky

Processor Expert Support Team

0 Kudos
eminkoc
Contributor I

Hi,

The first installation was already with administrator rights so the problem isn't about installing it with admin. rigths.

Thank you

Emin Koç

0 Kudos
eminkoc
Contributor I

These comonents should've been installed with the QCS tool right?? Or do I just have to install them seperately?

Thank you  

Emin Koç

0 Kudos
PetrKraus
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

this is a strange issue. QCS 2.3.3 has been tested on CodeWarrior for PA 10.2.1.

Please, could you send / attach to this thread the following three items?

- Content of the Eclipse (CodeWarrior) console

- .log file from the .metadata folder in your Eclipse workspace (both the file and the folder are hidden, you must allow hidden files and folders to be displayed)

- Zip archive with a content of <CodeWarrior disk location>\eclipse\ProcessorExpert\Config folder

Also, please check the path to the ProcessorExpert data is corretly set in CodeWarrior:

Window >> Preferences >> Processor Expert >> Processor Expert System >> Select PEx directory

You should see the  following path there:

<CodeWarrior disk location>\eclipse\ProcessorExpert

Thank you.

Petr

0 Kudos
eminkoc
Contributor I

Hi,

I've added the items and check the path, it's correct.

Thank you

Emin Koç

0 Kudos
PetrKraus
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you.

Please, try to create a new QorIQ Configuration Project and when the project creation process will finish, please, open the Eclipse console (it is in the same UI section as Problem Window at the Capture1.jpg screenshot you sent, the third tab), copy content of the console and, please, attach it too.

Thanks again!

Petr

0 Kudos
eminkoc
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you,

06.May.2013 16:16:55 Starting Processor Expert service

System directory = C:\Program Files (x86)\Freescale\CW PA v10.2.1\eclipse\ProcessorExpert

User working directory = C:\ProgramData\Processor Expert\CWMCU_PE5_00

Internal cache directory = C:\ProgramData\Processor Expert\PECache\27c556bb

06.May.2013 16:16:56 FAILED starting Processor Expert service

06.May.2013 16:58:43 Could not open project L/newqcsproject/ProcessorExpert.pe. Processor Expert service is not initiated yet.

Emin Koç

0 Kudos
PetrKraus
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

we still cannot find the problem.

Please, send me also Eclipse Configuration description:

Help >> About CodeWarrior Development Studio >> Installation Details >> Configuration

It would be quite huge, please, put the content to a text file and attach it to this thread.

Thank you,

Petr

0 Kudos
eminkoc
Contributor I

Hi,

I added the Configuration text file.

I have installed the 10.3 evaluation version of CW on another PC and installed QCS 2.3.3 for CW PA 10.3.x but I got the same results, no components.

Thank you

Emin Koç

0 Kudos
PetrKraus
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Strange!

One more tip before we analyze the Configuration description. Please, try the following:

1. Uninstall QCS from your new CodeWarrior for PA 10.3 installation

2. Close CodeWarrior

3. Remove ProcessorExpert folder from its location:

<CWPA 10.3 disk location>\eclipse\ProcessorExpert

4. Install QCS 2.3.3 again, but uncheck (disable) the following option in the Install New Software dialog:

"Contact all update sites during install to find required software"

It is located at the bottom of the dialog.

Thank you,

Petr

0 Kudos
eminkoc
Contributor I

Hi,

I reinstalled it as you told me and the problem still exists.

I got some errors during the uninstallation of QCS and another error when I tried to reinstall it without admin rights.

I attached the screen shots of both the errors, may be help you find the problem.

Thanks again

Emin Koç

0 Kudos
PetrKraus
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the Install without admin rights error is clear. You must always use the admin rights when you install QCS to CodeWarrior. It it a CodeWarrior limitation. You would not need it if you installed QCS into native Eclipse.

The last thing I have in my mind now. Please, could you check this location - your PEx user working directory:

C:\ProgramData\Processor Expert\CWMCU_PE5_00

If you will see the Config folder there, please, pack it and attach it here too.

Thank you,

Petr

0 Kudos
eminkoc
Contributor I

That location is empty , there is nothing in the CWMCU_PE5_00 folder, nothing hidden too.

0 Kudos
PetrKraus
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

One more question, where did you get the QCS 2.3.3 installation package? From the public Freescale QCS web page?

www.freescale.com/QCS

0 Kudos
eminkoc
Contributor I

Yes, it requires FAE permission, I entered the e-mail address of my local FAE end he sent me the download link but after I installed the CW, I realized that there is already a download link under the Available Software Sites section so I tried both of them and got the same results.

I attached the contents of the "qoriqconfig.2.3.3_cwpa.10.2.x.zip" file and the "plugins" file in it.

Thank you

0 Kudos
PetrKraus
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you use any other CodeWarrior variant, like CodeWarrior for MCUs?

Do you share your Eclipse workspace among more CodeWarriors or Eclipse installations?

Thank you,

Petr

0 Kudos
eminkoc
Contributor I

No, there was no other eclipse installed or another CW variant before, I have only CW for PA 10.2.1 and the QCS plugin  installed that's all. Is the download file that I attached screenshots of correct and complete?

0 Kudos