Is MK20DX256VLK10 missing in Processor Expert ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is MK20DX256VLK10 missing in Processor Expert ?

Jump to solution
enricpons
Contributor II

We are using MK20DX256VLK10 MCU for a new product and we are looking for this component into PE processors. After some updates (CW 10.3 & PE), we miss the 80 pin package. There exists the MK20DX256ZVLK10 that is not recommended for a new developments.

Will be the 80-pin package comming soon in some update?

Thank you,

Enric

Labels (1)
1 Solution
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

sorry for my previous confusing answer I have overlooked the Z letter. Unfortunately the MK20DX256VLK10 is not supported yet. I have also discussed the workaround with developers and they recommended to select MK20DN512VLK10 and tweak the flash settings.

We should be able to support this part in update 2 for CW V10.3. This release should be published in the middle of Q2.

best regards

Vojtech Filip

Processor Expert Support Team

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
mikey1
Contributor III

Vojtech

I also have this problem and would like to know what you mean by tweak the flash settings.

mikey1
Contributor III

I got around this problem by selecting MK20DX256VLK7 and selected the 80 pin variant.  Processor allowed me to set the CPU setting up to 100MHz and I have been able to get all that I need done in CodeWarrior version 10.4

0 Kudos
nickheppermann
Contributor I

Hello,

I would like to bump this thread again.  I am like Michael Graham and I would like to know which flash settings to tweak.  I downloaded the new Kinetis Design Studio V1.1.1 just today and hoped it would have MK20DX256VLK10, but sadly it does not.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

this part is supported. To add this MCU create project for the same memory variant and the requested pin variant please add from Component Library.

Details attached.

This behavior will be improved in the upcoming update 1 for CW V10.3 where will be possible to select pin variant in CPU type property in CPU component.

best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
enricpons
Contributor II

Dear Vojtech,

thank you for your reply but we are looking for the new silicon revision, the MK20DX256VLK10, without Z. The Z version is "Not Recommended for New Design". Do you know if it will be included soon in PE ? We are thinking to start with the Z version (that is supported) and in the future move the project to the new revision (without Z). The differences are basically some register and some performance that are not critical at this stage.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Enric

0 Kudos
vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

sorry for my previous confusing answer I have overlooked the Z letter. Unfortunately the MK20DX256VLK10 is not supported yet. I have also discussed the workaround with developers and they recommended to select MK20DN512VLK10 and tweak the flash settings.

We should be able to support this part in update 2 for CW V10.3. This release should be published in the middle of Q2.

best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos
enricpons
Contributor II

Thank you. We will buy some samples of the MK20DN512VLK10.

Best regards,

Enric

0 Kudos