Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Init of FlexBus pins in SDRAM mode

Jump to solution
peterruesch
Contributor IV

Hi,

I'm trying to get the external SDRAM on the TWR-K65 working using KDS and PE.

After comparing various register settings in the initialization phase with AN5095SW I realized that I need to change the FB_CSPMCR value to get the SDRAM working.

The generated pin init code for the SDRAM contains a section for setting the FB_CSPMCR but unfortunately the values listed there are leading to a non functional SDRAM.

I can't find a entry in the PE SDRAM component to edit these values.

All I can do is add the FB component and change it there, but this is not what i want.

So my question: How can i control the FB muxing in the SDRAM component in Processor Expert to generate the parameters like described in the code sample below ?

The function in question is init_sdram_pins().

void init_sdram_pins(uint32_t instance)

{

/* Affects PORTD_PCR4 register */

PORT_HAL_SetMuxMode(PORTD,4UL,kPortMuxAlt5);

FLEXBUS_HAL_SetMultiplexControlGroup2(FB, kFlexbusMultiplexGroup2_FB_TSIZ0);     

FLEXBUS_HAL_SetMultiplexControlGroup3(FB, kFlexbusMultiplexGroup3_FB_TSIZ1);     

FLEXBUS_HAL_SetMultiplexControlGroup4(FB, kFlexbusMultiplexGroup4_FB_CS2);     

FLEXBUS_HAL_SetMultiplexControlGroup5(FB, kFlexbusMultiplexGroup5_FB_CS3);

}

must be changed to

void init_sdram_pins(uint32_t instance)

{

/* Affects PORTD_PCR4 register */

PORT_HAL_SetMuxMode(PORTD,4UL,kPortMuxAlt5);

FLEXBUS_HAL_SetMultiplexControlGroup2(FB, kFlexbusMultiplexGroup2_FB_BE_31_24);

FLEXBUS_HAL_SetMultiplexControlGroup3(FB, kFlexbusMultiplexGroup3_FB_BE_23_16);

FLEXBUS_HAL_SetMultiplexControlGroup4(FB, kFlexbusMultiplexGroup4_FB_BE_15_8);

FLEXBUS_HAL_SetMultiplexControlGroup5(FB, kFlexbusMultiplexGroup5_FB_BE_7_0);

}

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter,

This is known issue of Processor Expert that will be fixed in the next release. There is also available a hot fix for this issue, see the attached archive.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
peterruesch
Contributor IV

thank you guys.

Good to know you are already looking into it.

What other fixes will the upcoming release contain?

best regards

0 Kudos
marek_neuzil
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter,

This is known issue of Processor Expert that will be fixed in the next release. There is also available a hot fix for this issue, see the attached archive.

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Peter,

(1) You use which version of KDS ? And  you use the PE or SDK_PE ? please screenshot  your component of project .I will configure it on my side.

(2) And you can do as this, after your change the code  manually, then select "Don't Write Generated Component Modules",

the code will be you want .

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos