How do you switch a project from compiling linked KSDK source to precompiled libraries?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you switch a project from compiling linked KSDK source to precompiled libraries?

dave408
Senior Contributor II

I'd like to get away from having the KSDK source files linked to my project.  Ideally, I would precompile all of the KSDK libraries and then just add them to my project's linker's miscellaneous files.

So far, I believe I need, and therefore have precompiled the following:

• ksdk_platform_lib
  • ksdk_startup_lib
  • ksdk_hal_lib
  • lib_mqx
  • ksdk_mqx_lib

I then added references to the files in my linker settings like so:

pastedImage_1.png

I think I'm really close.  Unfortunately, at the moment I get one undefined reference to DbgConsole_Init().  I am unable to delete or disable this component without PEx getting really upset with me.  I have been unable to find the location of DbgConsole_Init in any of the libraries.  All I can think of at the moment is that I need to add a link to  /platform/utilities to pull in fsl_debug_console, but wanted to see if anyone here had the same question and conclusion as me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello dave,

Please try to build the lib of "mqx_stdlib" , then have a test.

it at here : Freescale\KSDK_1.3.0\rtos\mqx\mqx_stdlib\build\kds

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice Yang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Hi Alice, unfortunately, adding that library did not help.  It actually seems to not be necessary.  I get the same error with or without it added to the list of libs.

If I import the /platform/utilities folder to my project as a virtual folder, then I can make the DgbConsole_Init() undefined reference go away and the project builds.  However, at the moment it doesn't run properly, which is another topic for discussion at a later time.

0 Kudos

vfilip
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

this link desbribes using KSDK lib. modes in PEx project:

KSDK Library mode

best regards

Vojtech Filip

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Thanks, Alice!  I've added the extra projects to my workspace and I should have an idea soon of whether or not that was the missing link!

0 Kudos