cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mpc8271 startup problem

Jump to solution
carlblake
Contributor I

I'm having an intermittent startup problem with the mpc8271.  When the system is cold I sometimes encounter a problem where the mpc8271 does its normal reset flow (per 5.1.2 in the reference manual), but once it completes and deactivates the hreset and sreset no further assertions of cs0 occur.  I'm very puzzled why this would be happening.  I'm wondering if there's a problem with the main PLL not locking, but I have no evidence to support this speculation.  Does anyone have any ideas what the solution to this would be?  Further details:

Part number is MPC8271VRMIBA 266/200/66 MHZ

I've confirmed the external clock is 66 MHZ

MODCK1, MODCK2, and MODCK3 are all pulled high

HCRW is 0x08864240

0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The debugging requires an access to your schematic, but it may be not acceptable to ask you to upload your schematic to this public community.

So, please open a service request to Freescale technical support and attach your schematic to that service request.

Please do not forget to add a reference to this community topic.

In the mean time I suggest switching to default HRCW by pulling RSTCONF high (if your design allows that) and check if the problem remains (no further assertions of cs0 occurs after HRESET deassertion)

Also please confirm that you are aware about device errata G12 and have recommended workaround implemented.

Link to device errata:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/errata/MPC8272CE.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The debugging requires an access to your schematic, but it may be not acceptable to ask you to upload your schematic to this public community.

So, please open a service request to Freescale technical support and attach your schematic to that service request.

Please do not forget to add a reference to this community topic.

In the mean time I suggest switching to default HRCW by pulling RSTCONF high (if your design allows that) and check if the problem remains (no further assertions of cs0 occurs after HRESET deassertion)

Also please confirm that you are aware about device errata G12 and have recommended workaround implemented.

Link to device errata:

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/errata/MPC8272CE.pdf

0 Kudos
carlblake
Contributor I

It was device errata G12 which was causing the problem.  It's fixed now.  Thank you.

0 Kudos