cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC8313 hreset

danybourget
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a question regarding the MPC8313C hreset signal. Currently on my design, the hreset signal is driving many devices (10) and the trace on the PCB is very long. I'm wondering if I should use a buffer to drive the devices that are far from the hreset source.

Regards

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please measure output voltage, when the device is driving HRESET low. If this voltage is higher than limit specified for logic "0" input voltage for all connected loads, than you need to put a buffer.

Trace length effects may be in signal "ringing" caused by reflections from the unterminated far end. If you do not see this effect or your connected devices are not sensitive to this ringing (to multiple reset assertions instead of one), than long trace may be ignored. If you wish to eliminate this effect, than impedance matching should be done - output buffer impedance should match trace impedance. This can be done by placing series resistor at near end (at signal source) or parallel termination at far (remote) end.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos