cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR5510 VCOREMON

Jump to solution
K_Steinhammer
Contributor III

I know that VCOREMON has to be connected directly to the core voltage supply of an S32G CPU. But there is no information how to connect this pin if a different CPU with a different core voltage level is used.

Does

1. the voltage monitor automatically adjust according to BUCK1 output voltage configuration so a direct connection between VCOREMON and BUCK1 output is mandatory
  2. or do I have to insert an external voltage divider between VCOREMON and BUCK1 output?
    • What would be the target voltage of this voltage divider (= nominal input voltage of the voltage monitor on VCOREMON pin)?

Thank you.

PS I need a static BUCK1 output voltage of 1.0V for my use case.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Klaus,

the VCOREMON automatically sets to the BUCK1 or BUCK1/2 in dual phase output voltage. You just need to set the BUCK1 output voltage. The VCOREMON overvoltage and undervoltage thresholds are listed in Table 57. in the VR5510 datasheet.

JozefKozon_0-1638519984824.png

The output voltage is configurable by OTP through the BUCK1V_OTP [7:0] bit field (CFG_ BUCK1_1_OTPregister) or the BUCK2V_OTP [7:0] bit field (CFG_ BUCK2_ 1_OTP register) from 0.4 V
to 1.8 V.

Please refer to section 23.6.2 in the VR5510 datasheet for the BUCK1/2 output voltage transition.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Klaus,

the VCOREMON automatically sets to the BUCK1 or BUCK1/2 in dual phase output voltage. You just need to set the BUCK1 output voltage. The VCOREMON overvoltage and undervoltage thresholds are listed in Table 57. in the VR5510 datasheet.

JozefKozon_0-1638519984824.png

The output voltage is configurable by OTP through the BUCK1V_OTP [7:0] bit field (CFG_ BUCK1_1_OTPregister) or the BUCK2V_OTP [7:0] bit field (CFG_ BUCK2_ 1_OTP register) from 0.4 V
to 1.8 V.

Please refer to section 23.6.2 in the VR5510 datasheet for the BUCK1/2 output voltage transition.

With Best Regards,

Jozef