Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF8200 open drain pull up voltage

Jump to solution
adevries
Contributor V

Hello,

I am working on a design that uses the PF8200. RESETB_MCU, INTB, PGOOD, and FSOB are all open drain signals that the datasheet recommends pulling up to VDDIO. However, for my application, I would like to pull them to a slightly different voltage. Since these are all open drain outputs, I believe this is acceptable, but I was hoping someone from NXP could provide a little more direction. Here are my questions:

1. Does the voltage on VDDIO affect how high I can pull the open drain outputs? For example, if VDDIO is 1.8V, can I pull the open drain outputs to 3.3V and still get proper operation?

2. If VDDIO is 3.3V, can I pull the open drain outputs to 1.8V and still have them work properly?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

Please see comment:

1. Does the voltage on VDDIO affect how high I can pull the open drain outputs? For example, if VDDIO is 1.8V, can I pull the open drain outputs to 3.3V and still get proper operation?

[gw]Yes,you can!

2. If VDDIO is 3.3V, can I pull the open drain outputs to 1.8V and still have them work properly?

[gw]Yes,you can!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
guoweisun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

Please see comment:

[gw]Yes,you can!

[gw]Yes,you can!

0 Kudos