Did you mean: 

PF8100: problem with FlexGUI utility

Jump to solution
bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Platform:      i.MX 8 with PF8100

This is the description of the customer:

We are using the PF8100 PMIC in our design to power a i.MX8, The PF8100 is soldered on the board without pre-configuration. I have access to the PMIC via the KITPF8200FRDMPGM and I2C connection.

Later in production we want to program a fixed configuration into the OTP fuses via the I2C connection, so we don't want to program the PMIC devices before soldering. We want to use the inline programming.

I am currently working to bring up our board design. After power up I have I2C access to the device with the GUI flexgui-app-pf82. In this case I can program the functional registers of the chip to configure the several converters. This is working, the voltages at the regulators output have the programmed values and are stable, the power-good pin is high.

But my problem is the following:

Before programming the desired configuration into the OTP fuses I want to use the TBB mode to test the configuration. (TBB pin is set to high by the tool). To do that I create a TBB script using the excel sheet which is delivered with the NXP_FlexGUI_PF82 package.

To program the mirror registers for the TBB mode I am using the script editor of the FlexGUI as it is described in the user guide of the GUI.

But after a power up the content of the programmed mirror registers is not loaded into the functional register. The functional registers stay at their default values and no voltages get on at the regulator output.

To debug this problem I tried several things and I found out that inserting some “PAUSE” commands and programming the “LPM_OFF” bit to high improves it a little bit. In this case only the switchers 1 and 2 and the PG pin get on. The other outputs are still down.

I attached some files to this mail:

• Excel sheet with our desired configuration.                                                         PF8100_OTP_DIP+_Rev1.xlsm
  • The origial TBB script from the excel sheet, which does not work.                        PF8100_TBB_DIP+_DG1_rev1.txt
  • The modified TBB script with pause commands, which works a little better.          PF8100_TBB_DIP+_DG1_rev1_pause.txt

#####################################################

Hopefully you have an idea what happens with this utility.

Thanks,

Bernhard.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jinyuzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Bernhard 

This is my advise to debug:

So the device has blank OTP right? pls confirm the information below:

1. Read the functional register  to confirm:

ADDR: 0x00   (Device ID) 0x48 is PF8200, 0x40 is PF8100.

ADDR: 0x01   (Rev ID) 0x10 is Rev A0, 0x20 is RevB0

2. Confirm the VDDOTP pin is always low 

3. Confirm the TBBEN and PWRON can act as the GUI configurates

4.Is there any other device on the I2C bus also?

Also your excel configuration is for A0 Version , if customer use B0 sample, pls change it to 2p6.

BRs

jinyu

PMIC and SBC question

View solution in original post

7 Replies
jinyuzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi  Bernhard 

This is my advise to debug:

So the device has blank OTP right? pls confirm the information below:

1. Read the functional register  to confirm:

ADDR: 0x00   (Device ID) 0x48 is PF8200, 0x40 is PF8100.

ADDR: 0x01   (Rev ID) 0x10 is Rev A0, 0x20 is RevB0

2. Confirm the VDDOTP pin is always low 

3. Confirm the TBBEN and PWRON can act as the GUI configurates

4.Is there any other device on the I2C bus also?

Also your excel configuration is for A0 Version , if customer use B0 sample, pls change it to 2p6.

BRs

jinyu

PMIC and SBC question
Sam1978
Contributor II

Hi folk:

I setup a configured file with OTP request form for MC33PF8100EQES,i read value of register OTP_SWx_PWRUP out ,they showed 0x00,that means voltage regulators did not work,so no expected voltage output,more detail see belowings

form_otp.jpgform1_otp.jpggenerator.jpgotp_read.jpgotp_read1.jpgotp_read2.jpg

0 Kudos
Sam1978
Contributor II

generator.jpgflex-gui.jpgHi Mr Zhang:

I read function register with flex-gui,i did not find version of PF8100,detail as following:

1,register 0x00,its value is 0x40

2,register 0x01,its value is 0x31,so what version of 8100 it should be ? it is not A0 or B0

also i need to know how i can modify correspond version in configured excel in package flex-gui

flex-gui.jpg

0 Kudos
Sam1978
Contributor II

Hi Mr Zhang:

I read function register with flex-gui,i did not find version of PF8100,detail as following:

1,register 0x00,its value is 0x40

2,register 0x01,its value is 0x31,so what version of 8100 it should be ? it is not A0 or B0

also i need to know how i can modify correspond version in configured excel in package flex-gui

flex-gui.jpg

0 Kudos
jinyuzhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

it is PF8100 C1 version device. and the device is the newest, please use the newest version OTP file in website. 

and follow the user guide to burn the OTP.

PMIC and SBC question
0 Kudos
Sam1978
Contributor II

Hi Mr Zhang:

Would you like to post download link of latest flexGUI?

it seems that mine (showed pictures of flexGUI) are latest

best regards

Sam

0 Kudos
juhi_pandey
Contributor II

Can someone share the solution to this problem?

I am seeing the same issue.

0 Kudos