Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PF0100Z F9 SWBST

Jump to solution
Yob
Contributor I

Hi,

I am looking to use and MMPF0100Z PMIC wtih F9 configuration in my design but  I don't need the SWBST supply.

Doc: MMPF0100Z Rev. 12.0, 8/2016 says that "Unused switching regulators should be connected as follows: Pins SWxLX and SWxFB should be unconnected and pin SWxIN should be
connected to VIN with a 0.1 μF bypass capacitor." 

What does unused means?

Does it programmed for not using?

Or pre-programmed but not using in design?

What happens if I use pre-programmed MMPF0100Z F9 configuration with unconnected  SWBSTLX and SWBSTFB pins? 

Thanks, Onur

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Onur,

I have contacted an application engineer with the question. For his answer pleases see the description.

DESCRIPTION

For unused pin, if customers don't need to use some switchers, these switches should be disabled in the OTP file and follow the pin definitions about unused pins connection.  

If customer use PF0100 F9 version, due to SWBST is enabled in the OTP configuration, even though customer don't need to use SWBST in their application, customer should configure SWBSTIN, SWBSTFB and SWBSTLX pins refer to PF0100 typical application. Customer can disable the SWBST through I2C command after PF0100 power on.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Onur,

I have contacted an application engineer with the question. For his answer pleases see the description.

DESCRIPTION

For unused pin, if customers don't need to use some switchers, these switches should be disabled in the OTP file and follow the pin definitions about unused pins connection.  

If customer use PF0100 F9 version, due to SWBST is enabled in the OTP configuration, even though customer don't need to use SWBST in their application, customer should configure SWBSTIN, SWBSTFB and SWBSTLX pins refer to PF0100 typical application. Customer can disable the SWBST through I2C command after PF0100 power on.

With Best Regards,

Jozef