cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FS8530 Failed Prototype

fbkaya
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm working on a fs8530 prototype and I designed one acording to datasheet, application note and referanced from KITFS85FR. Unfortunately, It didn't work. I atteched schematic.
All the regulator has no proper output.  For vpre I read 0.5volt, 0.5volt from pre_ghs(its not pwm), I couldt read any voltage from pre_gls. For buck2, there isnt output. For buck1, there is 0.55 volt. There is 5.7volt at FS0B(pin 14).
I used:
MC33FS8530A0ES XAAPLL
FS85-FS84-OTP.xlsm: Version 2.2
FlexGUI: 1.0.5-RFP

Thanks in advance.
Regards,

Furkan Berk Kaya

9 Replies

fbkaya
Contributor II

Hi @JozefKozon ,
New pcb has arrived and I assembled that. Unfortunately, It hasn't worked. I attached the schematic and OTP code. Can you help me understand what I'm doing wrong?

Best regards,
Furkan Berk Kaya

0 Kudos

fbkaya
Contributor II

Hi,
I'm still trying to solve this problem. I add layout, schematic and design files.
@JozefKozon Do you have any idea ?

Regards,
Furkan Berk Kaya

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Furkan Berk Kaya,

could you please confirm which part number you are using? In the question you named MC33FS8530A0ES, but in your schematic is MC33FS8510A2ES.

Could you please confirm, that you have set the pins (Wake1, Wake2, DBG...) according to the Main State Machine in the FS84-FS85 datasheet?

JozefKozon_0-1636974131592.png

With Best Regards,

Jozef

ftD3v
Contributor II

I'm also waiting an answer to this question.

Regards,

Furkan Tokaç
Electronics & Software Department
0 Kudos

fbkaya
Contributor II

Hi Jozef,

I used MC33FS8530A0ES at prototype. Because they are same footprint, I used MC33FS8510A2ES at schematic.

Yes, I confirmed. I tested the coded IC at KITFS85SKTEVM(socket version). It works there properly.

Best Regards,
Furkan Berk Kaya

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Furkan Berk Kaya,

I apologize for a late reply. I have checked the datasheet and the A0 and G0 parts including the MC33FS8530A0ES are non-programmed OTP configurations. Pre-programmed OTP
configurations (other than BUCK regulators and ASIL level) are managed through part
number extension: A1 to FZ for FS85 and G1 to LZ for FS84.

Have you programmed the MC33FS8530A0ES for the required outputs? Could you test a preprogrammed version, for example MC33FS8530A1ES or MC33FS8530A4ES?

With Best Regards,

Jozef

fbkaya
Contributor II

Hi Jozef,

I apologize for a late reply. I'm currently trying to solve this problem again.

Quicly, I have MC33FS8530A0ES and KITFS85SKTEVM(socket version for programing and testing). I proggramed MC33FS8530A0ES and tested on KITFS85SKTEVM. The program works well on KITFS85SKTEVM.

I can't test MC33FS8530A1ES because lead time is so far. But as I said, code works properly on KITFS85SKTEVM.

So, I need to learn how can I debug the hardware side and what are the debugging instruction for this IC.

Regards,
Furkan Berk Kaya

0 Kudos

JozefKozon
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Furkan Berk Kaya,

to enter debug mode, the DBG pin must be held high, connected to the VSUP and the WAKE1 or WAKE2 must be connected to voltage higher, than WAKE12VIH=4V after minimally 7ms, the voltage on the DBG pin has reached the VDBG voltage. Please refer to section 14.5 and Table 8. in the FS84-FS85 datasheet attached. You can also manually enter the debug mode with a circuitry described in section 4 in AN12333 attached.

With Best Regards,

Jozef

0 Kudos

fbkaya
Contributor II

Hi Jozef,
I will design a new PCB with this information in mind. Thanks for quick reply, I will inform you after test.

Best Regards,
Furkan Berk Kaya