Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash u-boot on p2020rdb

Jump to solution
matt_tsai
Contributor I

Hi,

I would like to flash a u-boot image on the p2020rdb board. Assuming the original u-boot image is corrupted and the board cannot boot up, how I can flash the u-boot onto it? Also, is there a working u-boot image so that I can verify the method?

I do have an old CodeWarrior JTAG debugger but not sure where I can get the working software associated with it.

Thank you for your help.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP offers SDK 1.9 for the P2020RDB board. This SDK supports booting from SD card.

Write u-boot to SD card and use this card for booting if u-boot is damaged.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
matt_tsai
Contributor I

Hi Pavel,

Can you advise how to configure p2020rdb to use the u-boot code from different storage such as NOR flash, NAND flash, and SD card? Thank you!

0 Kudos
matt_tsai
Contributor I

I found a legacy user manual that explains this. So the problem is solved. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NXP offers SDK 1.9 for the P2020RDB board. This SDK supports booting from SD card.

Write u-boot to SD card and use this card for booting if u-boot is damaged.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos