cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with programming NHS3100 via Flash Magic

Jump to solution
pilot_art_lis
Contributor I

I'm trying to flash firmware image in Intel HEX format to NHS3100 connected with the LPC-Link2 board and it fails with warning: "NHS3100 (SWD, NHS3100) Unable to open Hex file. Reselect the Hex file". I'm sure, that all is correctly connected and I choose options in Flash Magic as it's shown in the UM11154 document (in NHS3100 SDK) and screen is attached. Why is this issue present?

There are screenshots of the Device Manager window in attachments where you can clearly see issues with drivers. I think that it could have affected on the issue in Flash Magic. But I'm not sure about it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
pilot_art_lis
Contributor I

I've found the solution. The path's name was a problem. HEX files I wanted to load to NHS3100 with Flash Magic were situated in the Desktop and my username was in the path. Username was written in cyrillic and the program had problems with it. When I moved test files to the folder on the disk C:\ (where username isn't in path) it worked! Flash Magic could program NHS3100 successfully.

I hope my experience could help someone and don't lose some days to find the solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
pilot_art_lis
Contributor I

I've found the solution. The path's name was a problem. HEX files I wanted to load to NHS3100 with Flash Magic were situated in the Desktop and my username was in the path. Username was written in cyrillic and the program had problems with it. When I moved test files to the folder on the disk C:\ (where username isn't in path) it worked! Flash Magic could program NHS3100 successfully.

I hope my experience could help someone and don't lose some days to find the solution.