Multilink Universal No USB Connection, No USB Led(Blue)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multilink Universal No USB Connection, No USB Led(Blue)

Jump to solution
ugur
Contributor II

Hello,
I'm working with PEMicro Multilink Universal for debugging NXPS32K MCU.
First of all, I was able to reach the Multilink Universal before I meet the problem. This means that the drivers are installed and working on my computer. I could debug several times my board just before the problem.

I encountered a strange problem while making debug. I'm using NXP DS32 IDE, I modified my code and clicked the debug icon. While waiting the code flash the board, USB connection was broken. I noticed that USB Led(Blue Color) turned off.

When I checked my device driver, I only saw Jungo -> pemicrowindrvr, I newer see Jungo -> USB Multilink 2.0
after the problem occurred. I unplugged and plugged the USB cable many times, USB Multilink 2.0 didn't appear under Jungo in device manager.

ugur_0-1720119619142.png

I'm sure that my driver worked properly. Because I was able to debug the board with the same setup.

USB Led didn't illuminate and "USB Multilink 2.0" didn't appear.
1. Could the Multilink Universal be damaged?
2. Is the problem hardware or software?
3. Haw can I solve the problem?

Thank you in advance for your support.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ugur
Contributor II

Thanks @VaneB

It seemed like a problem caused by the debugger, but I wanted to write about it because this situation occurred while using NXP Design Studio IDE.

The situation was resolved when I plugged the debugger back into the computer after leaving it idle for a few hours.

The debugger may have gone into protection and the situation may have been reset after the energy was discharged.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ugur
Contributor II

Thanks @VaneB

It seemed like a problem caused by the debugger, but I wanted to write about it because this situation occurred while using NXP Design Studio IDE.

The situation was resolved when I plugged the debugger back into the computer after leaving it idle for a few hours.

The debugger may have gone into protection and the situation may have been reset after the energy was discharged.

0 Kudos
VaneB
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @ugur 

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this seems to be related to the debugger and no from the MCU. This should be supported by PEmicro, please ask them for further support.

PEmicro Customer Support

BR, VaneB

0 Kudos