MC9S08MP16 board program upload OSBDM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S08MP16 board program upload OSBDM

pawelniewiadoms
Contributor I

Hello, I have MC9S08MP board and I have problem to upload program on it via BDM. I'm using CodeWarrior 10.6 and when I'm trying debug example program this window appears:pastedImage_0.png

When I reconnect it nothing happens. After click OK this appears:

pastedImage_1.png

Then it's just error when I click 'Abort'. OSBDM is visible in device manager and all drivers are installed properly.
Please help me with this problem.
Greetings,
Pawel Niewiadomski

0 Kudos
2 Replies

pawelniewiadoms
Contributor I

Problem solved, It was problem with one of resistors in my board which has short circuit. I was using TWR-MCF51CN board as BDM debugger. Thanks for responding!

0 Kudos

pgo
Senior Contributor V

Hi Pawel,

Could I check what actual hardware you have?

Also - depending on your hardware, are you ONLY cycling the target power, not the power to the BDM.  With some hardware this is difficult to do especially if the BDM in integrated into a board with the target hardware.

You should also make sure that the delay after removing the power is sufficient for the target Vdd to drop to a very low level to ensure a power-on-reset of the target.  With some low-power devices this can be quite a while.

Note: you would also get a similar error if there is anything incorrect about the connection between the BDM and target.  You could check this.  In particular check that the BKGD pin has initial activity when trying to connect and then is held low when the power-cycle dialogue appears.

Finally, you could try an external BDM such as P&E multilink or USBDM.

bye

0 Kudos