Model-based PMSM control, using KV31

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model-based PMSM control, using KV31

xgy_upc
Contributor III

I learned model-based PMSM control from the official website of NXP.I have the motor control kit based on FRDM-KV31, FRDM-MC-LVPMSM, LINix 45ZWN24-40.

At the same time, I learned the model based motor control of S32K114 from the article on the community website, but I found that the given routine was a hardware-in-the-loop simulation model.

Module 10: Sensorless Speed Control 

I would like to ask, if I want to do algorithm simulation based on Simulink, as shown in the first step in the picture below, the motor used is still LINix 45ZWN24-40.Is there a routine?

figure3.JPG

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Horacio
Contributor I

I would like to ask if someone had elaborated on very-low speed control of PMSM, what are the issues or different approaches for this kind of motor control or if this topic is already fully elaborated and there is nothing to research on it?

MyAARPMedicare

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos

peterbutko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi xgy_upc,

to simulate algorithm in Simulink according first step on the picture (MBD simulation only), you can use any motor, but you need to know the motor parameters like pole-pair number, stator resistance, etc. These parameters then you have to write to the "Electric Motor Model". If you have linix motor and you will continue in developing on a real system, I recommend the simulate linix motor. Recently has been released NXP Model-Based Design Toolbox with example of pmsm scalar control using exactly your hardware. (FRDM-KV31, FRDM-MC-LVPMSM, Linix 45ZWN24-40). Maybe it can inspirited you. 

Best regards, 

Peter 

0 Kudos

xgy_upc
Contributor III

1、I didn't find example of pmsm scalar control using exactly your hardware. (FRDM-KV31, FRDM-MC-LVPMSM, Linix 45ZWN24-40)

2、For this Model based design example of S32K144EVB, I would like to know how to achieve MBD simulation only.

how to write to the "Electric Motor Model", I did not find the Motor Model in the example

figure3.JPG

0 Kudos

peterbutko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

1. Install NXP Support Package KVx (Updated 21 Dec 2020) and open it. Then follow instructions to install NXP_MBDToolbox_KVx. Support package can be found in Matlab Add-On Manager, or on NXP MBDT web pages

AddOnKv.png

The pmsm scalar control example will be then located in:
C:\...\MathWorks\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_KVx\KVx_Examples\KV3x\applications\pmsm_scalar_control

pmsmExample.png

2. Model based design example of S32K144EVB is example intended for real system (Final Product). It is not simulation. Creating simulation is up to you. Real example can be helpful. First you have to use simulink model of electric motor (Simulink Library Browser -> Motor Control Blockset -> Electrical systems -> Motors), then create the control algorithms etc.  

SimulinkMotorModel.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

xgy_upc
Contributor III

Now I want to do control simulation of permanent magnet synchronous motor in Simulink environment. Is there a control algorithm simulation model (MBD) based on LINix 45ZWN24-40?

0 Kudos