NXP FTF 2016 - Training Presentations

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NXP FTF 2016 - Training Presentations

Discussions

Sort by:
This technical session provides an overview of the i.MX 6UltraLite MMDC (DDR Controller), the DDR tools used for DDR testing and board bring-up, and hardware considerations for DDR board designs. Attendees should be familiar with the MMDC from previous i.MX 6 series processors, specifically the i.MX 6SoloX. The session covers the differences in the MMDC between the i.MX 6UltraLite and its predecessor, the i.MX 6SoloX applications processor. The first half covers the tool offerings used to assist the user with bringing-up and testing a new DDR interface: i.MX 6UltraLite DRAM Register Programming Aid tool and the DDR Stress Test. The second half of the session covers hardware considerations board designers should follow for DDR board designs.
View full article
Using Accelerometers, Magnetometers, Gyroscopes, gathering Sensor data can be tricky and not straight-forward. In this class, we will go into a Sensor Deep-Dive, where each sensor will be visualized and explained in detail. When collecting data there are several things that can make collecting the data easier, more efficient, and avoiding erroneous data all together. We will have several demonstrations and examples to show the pitfalls and successes of collecting data.
View full article
Since the early 1920’s, the source of microwave power generation has traditionally been vacuum tubes and magnetrons. Some high power RF applications today still rely on vacuum tube technology, even though there has been a multitude of advances in solid state RF power generation. This class will cover the technological advantages of solid state including dynamic range control, spectral purity, manufacturing economies of scale and product longevity.
View full article
There are many new technological developments in the medical field that require the use of controlled RF power for several advanced therapeutic treatments. Various levels of RF power at various frequencies are used in procedures such as microwave ablation (tumor destruction), electrosurgery (cut, coagulate, desiccate and fulgurate tissue), diathermy (treatment for rheumatoid arthritis) and thermage (skin rejuvenation). This session will cover innovative RF solutions that NXP has developed for these applications.
View full article
This technical lecture presents how Toradex built a balancing robot demo application using the new i.MX 7's heterogeneous asymmetric architecture. i.MX 7 features a secondary Cortex-M4, which can be used for real-time or low-power applications. We will discuss how to make use of the secondary core with a FreeRTOS based firmware implementing the closed loop controller to keep the robot balanced upright. On the powerful main CPU complex, a dual Cortex-A7, Linux is running a Qt based user interface. We will go into details about the rpmsg/OpenAMP based messaging offerings provided by NXP. The robot demo application makes use of rpmsg to communicate between the two independently running processor cores and operating systems.
View full article
With new CAN FD protocol, CAN applications need to support both classical CAN and CAN FD frames. Especially in transition period, customers are looking for a solution in which classical CAN frames are mixed with CAN FD frames. NXP developed a brand new CAN transceiver feature "CAN FD Shield", which enables the use of CAN controllers in mixed CAN / CAN FD architectures. Watch Video Presentation
View full article
Gain a deep dive into the GPU and display controller architecture of the i.MX 8 applications processor family. Discover the advanced features, design choices, and the HMI solutions enabled by the i.MX 8 series. This class provides a basic introduction to i.MX 8 graphics and is a precursor to the more advanced i.MX 8 classes around augmented reality, eCockpit, graphics SDK and Vulkan classes. Watch Video Presentation
View full article
Smart meters are increasingly popular and enhance the supply infrastructure. In this session we will give an overview of smart meter technology, specifically focusing on the sub-GHz RF interfaces. Topics will include typical use cases, overview of system requirements, features of NXP RF Transceiver solutions, and typical (example) customer designs for long range and robustness.
View full article
Advancing technology has brought down the cost of 24 GHz radar system significantly bringing a whole range of new applications into reach. Historically radar was a pure military and industrial application due to high application costs. With the latest generation of NXP BiCMOS technology this has changed. A 24 GHz radar frontend can now be fully integrated into a single IC bringing the costs and power dissipation down to consumer levels. This opens up a whole range of applications which were previously not possible. This lecture will show the possibilities of radar in different applications such as presence detection and consumer drone collision avoidance. A live demonstration based on first test chips in combination with ARM processors will be given.
View full article
The session will provide an overview of the most recent developments to support Radar systems in the frequency range from 76 GHz up to 81 GHz. High level block diagrams and key specifications of NXP multi-channel transceivers will be presented. It will also be discussed how the NXP transceiver solutions can help to enable modern low power consumption sensors with robustness against frequency interference, small size, and high-performance due to scalability. In combination with NXP Radar micro-processors and mircro-controllers typical Radar system architectures will be introduced. Especially for the development of small and compact cocoon, nano radar sensors an example is presented which shows the combinations of NXP Radar tranceivers, NXP Radar processors and NXP power supply solutions. The presentation will also give an outlook to technology trends and future upcoming NXP Radar solutions.
View full article
Learn the basics of DDR4 and how to configure the DDR4 controller on QorIQ devices. Watch Video Presentation
View full article
This is an overview of the next generation S32K microcontrollers family and the system solution benefits using the latest MCU features. Watch Video Presentation
View full article
This session will provide an overview of the QorIQ's hardware root of trust, key protection, and strong partitioning capabilities. Watch Video Presentation
View full article
Healthcare devices are adopting more and more technology and NXP is at the center of this trend. Learn about the MCUs, MPUs, sensors, and wireless products that are being used in the most innovative healthcare products. Watch Video Presentation
View full article
This hands-on workshop provides a detailed architecture description of Thread technology and wireless mesh networking. The main Thread concepts will be reviewed and analyzed thoroughly. The attendee will have a deep understanding of the main concepts and how these are mapped to the NXP software API. The session will close with hands-on training to enable the attendee to understand software usage and configuration, low-power features and security concepts.
View full article
This session will provide an overview of the QorIQ security accelerator block, its device driver, and its use in IPsec and SSL acceleration. Watch Video Presentation
View full article
As consumers embrace the ease-of-use and convenience of contactless payment, global retailers continue to invest in electronic mPOS solutions, with the market projected to grow to more than 80 M installed units by 2018 (IHS Research). mPOS equipment manufacturers need technology designed to address this growth, while meeting security and battery life requirements of the latest mobile payment technologies. The Tower POS development tool (TWR-POS-K81) showcases the capabilities of the Kinetis K81 microcontroller along with the expandable tower system, including the latest NFC controller PN5180 as well as a contact reader interface (TDA8035). A demo application is showing the EMVL1 functionality for NFC and contact transactions. Development tools will be available for all participants of this sessions. Watch Video Presentation
View full article
The new i.MX 6DualPlus and i.MX 6QuadPlus processors integrate multiple ARM® Cortex®-A9 cores and build upon the solid foundation of first-generation i.MX 6Dual and i.MX 6Quad processors by more than doubling the graphics performance and improving memory utilization by more than 50 percent. Learn about enhanced versions of 3D, 2D and composition GPUs, a newly optimized 64-bit DDR3/LVDDR3/LPDDR2-1066 memory interface to increase bus bandwidth, and more embedded SRAM, as well as added pre-fetch and resolve engines These new processors are ideal for automotive instrument clusters and infotainment systems, as well as medical equipment, industrial HMI, digital signage and media streaming applications. Watch Video Presentation
View full article
The SR-IOV provides a cost-effective way to allow different software images achieve independent data movement targeting virtual functions while sharing IO resources on a single PCIe EP device. This session introduces the SR-IOV related features and programming model of the QorIQ LS2088 processor PCI Express Gen3 EP.
View full article
An overview of the i.MX 6 series of applications processors. Learn about the features, target applications and enablement of these performance scalable multicore platforms that include single-, dual- and quad-core families based on the ARM® Cortex® architecture, based on Cortex-A7, Cortex-A9 and combined Cortex-A9 + Cortex-M4 solutions up to 1.2 GHz. Watch Video Presentation
View full article