Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIFARE DESFire Tuning Questions

Jump to solution
wilmer_suarez
Contributor III

Hello,

Over the past few weeks I have been working on attempting to migrate from MIFARE Classic cards to DESFire EV2 cards. I have been having a lot of detection issues with the DESFire EV2 cards.

When going through the initial anti-collision process for both cards, the Classic cards seem to have a much better range than the EV2 cards. EV2 cards are sometimes never detected, especially when the center of the card is placed near the antenna. Is there a reason for this?

Using a spectrum analyzer, the resonance of the DESFire Card seem to be off tuned from 13.56 MHz (16-17 MHz). Is there a way to change the tuning of the DESFire cards? Or purchasing ones that are tuned properly?

I am considering trying the DESFire Light cards instead, as I only need a single application; but I am afraid they will have he same issue.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

This seems to be more related to the card manufacturer as we do not sell the cards we only sell the IC, so you will need to check it with your supplier about the issue with the tuning.

The MIFARE DESFire Light is a good replacement if you only need a single application.

Here you can find a list of some of the ones we recommend for tag and readers manufacturers.

Regards,

Estephania

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

This seems to be more related to the card manufacturer as we do not sell the cards we only sell the IC, so you will need to check it with your supplier about the issue with the tuning.

The MIFARE DESFire Light is a good replacement if you only need a single application.

Here you can find a list of some of the ones we recommend for tag and readers manufacturers.

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos