Operational State definition - AN12380

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operational State definition - AN12380

StatBen
Contributor I

In AN12380-2.1.2 (page 5) the capacitance value is specified for the ntag5 ICs. This value is specified with an operational state.

What would be the definition of operational state in this context?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies

StatBen
Contributor I

Thanks @KellyLi 

I know about the NFC Antenna tool, but the question here is more about the specific capacitance value according to "operational conditions" here, does operational conditions means the core(digital control unit) is powered or just the rf interface? What were the tests conditions to get that value?

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @StatBen ,

according to Table 1 on page 5 of AN12380, specifies the operational state should be the constant voltage, resonance frequency and ambient temperature.

Best Regards,

kelly

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @StatBen 

There is such a description at the bottom of the fourth page of AN12380, the input capacitance depends on the applied chip voltage. So, specifies the operational state should be the voltage  Vla-lb.

Thanks & Best Regards,

kelly

0 Kudos

StatBen
Contributor I

Hi Kelly @KellyLi ,

Thanks, I was wondering in that test case if VCC and Vout were shorted together for energy harvesting and/or if VCC was powered at all.

Thanks,
Benoit

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @StatBen ,

I think AN12365 might be helpful to you.

thanks for your cooperation 

kind Regards,

kelly 

0 Kudos

KellyLi
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @StatBen 

you can use NFC Antenna Tool of NXP to design your application, below is the link:

NFC - NXP Community

For operational state, I understand which is your application conditions, such as the size of the antenna, the contactless distance, etc.

Thanks & Best Regards,

kelly

0 Kudos