cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A 'D' appears in front of Encoding Data

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Hi,

We are encoding data to Tags from a CSV file that is uploaded through NXP Tagwriter. The issue is, when we use the CSV file with the encoding data on, the Tag has a 'D' appear in front of the data once the clients app Taps onto the Tag. But when we encode the tag manually the 'D' does not appear on the clients app.

Have you ever heard of this issue and what do you think could be causing it? It seems the spreadsheet (CSV) is causing the issue.

Best Regards

Tom.

0 Kudos
9 Replies

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Thank you very much for your responses.

Do you have an idea of when the update will be available?

Also Jorge, is there an option on the NXP Tagwriter to read the UID of a Tag and encode that UID number instantly?

Best Regards

Tom.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tom:

Sorry for the delay with your question.

What do you mean about "encoding the tag manually"?

I am not aware of such issue with a "D" (I guess you mean the ASCII character). If you could attach a CSV file to recreate the issue that would be helpful. To attach a file you can click on "Use advanced editor" and then on "Attach" when repying:

Attach.jpg

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Sorry Jorge, the message is not sending with attachment.

Tom.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

Developers confirmed that the language parameter is missing. This will be fixed in the next release of the app. For the moment please try to use the workaround mentioned in my previous response.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Thank you very much for your responses.

Do you have an idea of when the update will be available?

Also Jorge, is there an option on the NXP Tagwriter to read the UID of a Tag and encode that UID number instantly?

Best Regards

Tom.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tom,

Sorry, I do not have an estimated release date. In case I receive some information I will let you know.

About your second question, what do you mean about "read the UID of a Tag and encode that UID number instantly?" What do you intend to do with the UID?

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Any news on an update yet?

We have a customer who requires the UID of the NFC chip be encoded to the NDEF record? Is there a functionality that can do this on Tagwriter?

Best Regards

Tom.

0 Kudos

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Tom:

Thank you for the information. I think I recreated your issue. With the "manual" procedure the text records are prepended by default with the en letters for "english" language (or any language you select), while the text records from CSV file are written with und as the language is undefined. I guess it is that d letter you see.

I am checking if there is a way to set the language from the CSV file. I will let you know.As workaround when reading the tag you can discard the language bytes of the record. The first byte of the record payload will tell you the size of the language code (e.g. for en = 2 and for und = 3).

I hope this helps.

Best Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tomtyrrell
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

Thank you for your reply.

'Encoding the tag manually' = Using 'Write Tags' > 'New Dataset' for each individual tag instead of using 'Write From CSV'

Please see attached CSV file. As you see under content there is a number and a name with commas. When the tag is tapped by an NFC Device the data that should be read by our customer's app is as follows: 1\\,4190\\,110\\,Patricia Abercrombie   But what it appears is this: d1\\,4190\\,110\\,Patricia Abercrombie with the 'D' at the front.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Tom.

0 Kudos