How does MCAT data get into the project?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does MCAT data get into the project?

Jump to solution
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

I have a TWR-KV31F120M card in a tower with an MC-LV3PH motor driver, MCUxpresso 11.3.0, FreeMASTER 3.1.1.6 and the SDK 2.7 for the KV31F.  When I loaded the default pmsm motor project with the LINIX 45ZWH24-40 motor, everything worked fine.  The motor started and ran (both directions) and stopped as instructed.

Now I have a different motor.  I plugged its values into MCAT, and generated the new .pmp config file.  I can see the file in Windows Explorer.  But I don't see how it loads into the program.  None of the .C, .H, .MAK or .MEX files that I can find refer to it.  It is not specified in any of the Project > Properties settings.

There is also a file called M1_params_pmsm_twr_kv31.txt which has the same information in a different format.  It is apparently never referenced, as I can change the filename and recompile without error.

The motor is attempting to run, but only moves a couple of steps, then stops.

So, how do I get the motor configuration data into the program?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

Success!!  The output file is generated in the SDK folder, not the project folder. 

The Output File tab clearly says it is in the project path.  It is not.  Or, at least, it isn't in SDK 2.7 for TWR-KV31F120M.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

Success!!  The output file is generated in the SDK folder, not the project folder. 

The Output File tab clearly says it is in the project path.  It is not.  Or, at least, it isn't in SDK 2.7 for TWR-KV31F120M.

0 Kudos
Omar_Anguiano
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

The Generate Configuration file button is located at the Output file tab.
I suggest you to refer to chapter 4 of this application note https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN4912.pdf

If you have more questions do not hesitate to ask me.
Best regards,
Omar

0 Kudos
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

Progress!!  MCAT's Output File tab has a button called Generate Configuration File.  It says it generates a file called m1_pmsm_appconfig.h.  Clicking it generates a ...  well... a file-like thing that has all the data you need, but it does not store the data anyplace.  I searched for m1_pmsm_appconfig.h, and loaded the data in manually, but it's time consuming and subject to all the usual errors.

with the new data, the motor starts, takes two steps forward, one backward, and stops.

0 Kudos
GaryOlmstead
Senior Contributor I

Forgot to ask the question:  How do I get the Generate Configuration File button to save the data that it creates?

0 Kudos
MichalH
NXP Apps Support
NXP Apps Support

Moving this topic from FreeMASTER to Motor Control and Smart Energy forum.

0 Kudos