How to measure electromagnetic torque

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to measure electromagnetic torque

xgy_upc
Contributor III

In the Document "MCUXpresso SDK 3-Phase PMSM Control(KV)  Document Identifier: 3PPMSMCKVug", Chapter 11 introduces the measurement of mechanical parameters. In the calculation of moment of inertia, it is necessary to know the value of electromagnetic torque. May I ask how to measure the electromagnetic torque Trqm?

figure1.JPGfigure2.JPG

0 Kudos
4 Replies

OKmarts
Contributor I

Electromagnetic torque is the torque converted by electromechanical energy. The torque generated by electromagnetic torque minus friction and other losses is the output torque. The output torque corresponding to the rated operating point is the rated torque, and the speed is the rated rotation.<a href="https://okmarts.com/moog-servo-drive-152j453a.html">Drive</a>

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Moment of inertia uses generated torque and loading torque. However, I believe these are parameters of the motor itself, maybe you can check the datasheet of your motor for this.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

xgy_upc
Contributor III

Many motor parameters do not have the moment of inertia, need to be measured.I would like to ask, according to the measurement method in the document, the electromagnetic torque is required, how should the electromagnetic torque be measured?

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Motor inertia J expresses the overall system inertia that is very often difficult to obtain. Additional methods to identify drive inertia can be found other than in NXP publications, for
example, through IEEE.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos