Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GD3160 SPI Setting(Register Map) Request

Jump to solution
HERO_LEE
Contributor I

Hello
Currently, we are using six MGD3160AM315EK Gate ICs to export 3-phase PWM output.

We have two problems, so we're inquiring.

1. I want to use Gate Driver using SPI communication, but it has been confirmed that CS pin and CLK pin are coming out. However, I don't know what value to input into MOSI data.
I don't think there is any register information in the dataset. I was wondering if I could get a register map so I could set up the data.

2. It is detected that a fault signal is coming out. However, there is no problem in exporting PWM output.
I need an explanation about PWM going out when the fault signal is caught.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The GD3160 full datasheet includes the register map and bits description in Chapter 11.14. This datasheet is classified as a Secure File (requiring an NDA) and can be downloaded from:

https://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/motor-and-solenoid-drivers/powertrain-and-engine-contr...

Capture.JPG

As for your second question, please refer to the AN13129 - Fault management, diagnostics, interrupt and priority table of GD3160 advanced IGBT and SiC gate driver. 

Capture 1.JPG

BR, Tomas

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

The GD3160 full datasheet includes the register map and bits description in Chapter 11.14. This datasheet is classified as a Secure File (requiring an NDA) and can be downloaded from:

https://www.nxp.com/products/power-management/motor-and-solenoid-drivers/powertrain-and-engine-contr...

Capture.JPG

As for your second question, please refer to the AN13129 - Fault management, diagnostics, interrupt and priority table of GD3160 advanced IGBT and SiC gate driver. 

Capture 1.JPG

BR, Tomas