cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLDC_OpenLoop_mpc5744p_Rev. E

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello

Many Thanks for your support in advance!

I want to test the BLDC_open loop on DevKit-MPC5744P Rev. E and DevKit MotorGD.

Unfortunately, some jumpers and settings are mentioned in the HW and SW setup in Simulink model are not available in Rev. E. 

1- Which Jumpers on MPC5744P Rev. E should be adapted? 

2- Should R70 and R73 be removed from MotorGD? Are there any other changes, which should be considered? 

3- Which settings and which blocks should be adapted in Simulink model BLDC_OpenLoop_mpc5744p_RevE.slx ?

In my opinion it makes really sense to go through the steps and update them in HW and SW setup for Rev. E. 

Attached are the pictures of both boards as well as the Simulink file. 

I would be very happy to hear from you as soon as possible

8 Replies

petervlna
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,
please find attached the example modification for rev.E

best regards,
Peter

0 Kudos

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello Peter,

Thanks for your quick response.

I've just opend the attached Simulink file. Unfortunately nothing is changed in the model description and the jumber settings which are described on the top level of the simulink model. I still can see the names of some jumbers which are not available anymore in Rev. E e.g. J26, J32 and J38.

In the original post I mentioned three questions or points. Therefore, I am asking you kindly to go through them just to prevent the pingpong.  

With best regards

adriantudor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@eCarMaker ,

Hello,

I found that the MPC5744P board revE uses the same SPI instance for an onboard IC (MC33FS6522LAE SBC) and for GD3000 IC. Due to that the SBC CS pin must be set to disable the communication on the SPI interface in order to allow GD3000 to be initialized. I tried that but it didn't work for me. 

But I found another solution a little more intrusion. On the MPC board, only if you don't need any of the SBC IC functions (CAN, LIN), you have to remove three resistors that connect three of the SPI interface pins to SBC IC. Those resistors are R286, R287, and R288. Please take a look at those pictures. Also in those pictures, you can find how to set jumpers for both boards and the BLDC model.

Please let me know if that solution works for you.

Best regards,

Adrian

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I was talking to responsible engineer and he promised to post here.

Unfortunately I was 2 weeks away due to  sickness and I see he did not posted anything here.

I will ping him this week to see what is the status.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello Peter,

Hello Everyone, I posted my question here on 9th of March 2021. Unfortunately, more than 2 months are over and I haven't got the proper answer till now 16th of May 2021. In meanwhile I could  rotate the motor using DevKit-MPC5744P Rev. E and another power stage kit from STM (X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1). But we still preffer using DevKit MotorGD from NXP in our project. Please let me know if I can expect any answer from your side in next 2 weeks. Otherwise I will consider ST power stage in our project.

Many thanks in adavance !

eCarMaker
Contributor III

Hello Peter,

is there any update from your side?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,
I am trying to get in touch with responsible engineer.

Once I have any news I will post here,

best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I was talking with motor control team and they have same issue as you.

It looks like designer design new revision of control board which is not pin to pin compatible with inverter.

The solution is to use cable connection, set wont wort without them.

Motor control expert will prepare some material where is described step by step procedure during next week.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos