cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control accuracy of FOC

JAC_123
Contributor I

Hello

If the  PMSM uses FOC control algorithm, what is the control accuracy of its speed and torque?What is the efficiency of the motor?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies

JAC_123
Contributor I

Thank you for your attention , but regardless of hardware, what accuracy(Speed and torque)and  efficiency can PI Control, Sliding Mode Control, Proportional Control, second order Sliding Mode observer algorithm, extended Kalman filter algorithm and high frequency signal injection respectively achieve?I just want to get a general idea of FOC.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

With FOC you can achieve very high efficiency. Of course it is dependent on HW and SW design.

There are many possibilities how to do FOC. It depends in methods you use for current measurements. (single, dual, triple shunt measurement)

Its not easy to say about accuracy. Its dependent on regulators and also capabilities of your HW desing.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

JAC_123
Contributor I

Thank you for your attention , but regardless of hardware, what accuracy(Speed and torque)and  efficiency can PI Control, Sliding Mode Control, Proportional Control, second order Sliding Mode observer algorithm, extended Kalman filter algorithm and high frequency signal injection respectively achieve?I just want to get a general idea of FOC.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Well,

but regardless of hardware, what accuracy(Speed and torque)and efficiency can PI Control, Sliding Mode Control, Proportional Control, second order Sliding Mode observer algorithm, extended Kalman filter algorithm and high frequency signal injection respectively achieve?

the answer is high.

Best regards,
Peter

0 Kudos