Many Thanks for your support in advance!
I want to test the BLDC_open loop on DevKit-MPC5744P Rev. E and DevKit MotorGD.
Unfortunately, some jumpers and settings are mentioned in the HW and SW setup in Simulink model are not available in Rev. E.
1- Which Jumpers on MPC5744P Rev. E should be adapted?
2- Should R70 and R73 be removed from MotorGD? Are there any other changes, which should be considered?
3- Which settings and which blocks should be adapted in Simulink model BLDC_OpenLoop_mpc5744p_RevE.slx ?
In my opinion it makes really sense to go through the steps and update them in HW and SW setup for Rev. E.
Attached are the pictures of both boards as well as the Simulink file.
I would be very happy to hear from you as soon as possible
Thanks for your quick response.
I've just opend the attached Simulink file. Unfortunately nothing is changed in the model description and the jumber settings which are described on the top level of the simulink model. I still can see the names of some jumbers which are not available anymore in Rev. E e.g. J26, J32 and J38.
In the original post I mentioned three questions or points. Therefore, I am asking you kindly to go through them just to prevent the pingpong.
With best regards
I found that the MPC5744P board revE uses the same SPI instance for an onboard IC (MC33FS6522LAE SBC) and for GD3000 IC. Due to that the SBC CS pin must be set to disable the communication on the SPI interface in order to allow GD3000 to be initialized. I tried that but it didn't work for me.
But I found another solution a little more intrusion. On the MPC board, only if you don't need any of the SBC IC functions (CAN, LIN), you have to remove three resistors that connect three of the SPI interface pins to SBC IC. Those resistors are R286, R287, and R288. Please take a look at those pictures. Also in those pictures, you can find how to set jumpers for both boards and the BLDC model.
Please let me know if that solution works for you.
Thanks for your answer. I did the following steps,
For completeness I will provide all files which I used for this project and pictures related to my HW-setup
Q1: Could you please help me to understand why we still face these FreeMaster problems with this setup and why we got these values from Dc-BusCurrent and speed controller output
Q2: Could you please provide pictures about the actual motor speed and PI speed controller output, once you change the reference speed.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon
With Best Regards
In order to start this motor control demo app, you have to turn R72 (trimmer resistor placed on Motor-GD devkit) in counter-clockwise direction until you hit the edge, but please be gentle to not damage it.
Whenever you flash MPC5744P, please disconnect the FreeMaster app project.
After the flashing process, be sure that 12V power DC it is connected to the Motor-GD board and wait for the RGB led (placed on the MPC5744P board) to turn the green light on. At this time you can connect the FreeMaster app project and if you push the SW1 or SW2 button, the motor should spin. Please keep in mind that the motor will not start to spin until you press one of two buttons or until you set the speed to a value higher than 500rpm and set the "START" variable in FreeMaster to 1 (if the "START" variable is not editable, double click on that variable then see the picture below to make it user-editable).
And another very important thing: whenever you press the "reset" button (placed on MPC5744P board), the FreeMaster should be disconnected. If is not disconnected, the bootloader of the MPC mcu will be stuck and will not run the application that you flashed via OpenSDA. And after each press of this reset button, you have to wait more than 5 sec. . You can wait until the RGB led is turned green.
You got those value because the Motor-GD it was not powered and the value of the currents and the voltages are given by the Motor-GD board and read by the MPC mcu.
I hope this information will help you to go further.
Let me know if that works for you.
Thanks for your quick response.
Unfortunately till now there is no success .....
If you followed all the steps that I told you about, then it is possible that you have a hardware fault (something broken). Try to measure your 12V DC power supply after you connect to the Motor-GD board (maybe it's getting some current protection). If so, measure the power transistors or just replace this board (Motor-GD) with another one.
I was talking to responsible engineer and he promised to post here.
Unfortunately I was 2 weeks away due to sickness and I see he did not posted anything here.
I will ping him this week to see what is the status.
Hello Everyone, I posted my question here on 9th of March 2021. Unfortunately, more than 2 months are over and I haven't got the proper answer till now 16th of May 2021. In meanwhile I could rotate the motor using DevKit-MPC5744P Rev. E and another power stage kit from STM (X-NUCLEO-IHM07M1). But we still preffer using DevKit MotorGD from NXP in our project. Please let me know if I can expect any answer from your side in next 2 weeks. Otherwise I will consider ST power stage in our project.
Many thanks in adavance !
I was talking with motor control team and they have same issue as you.
It looks like designer design new revision of control board which is not pin to pin compatible with inverter.
The solution is to use cable connection, set wont wort without them.
Motor control expert will prepare some material where is described step by step procedure during next week.