cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matlab/Simulink XCP Ethernet Interface as External Mode RT1170-EVK

JulK
Contributor I

Hello,

I am trying to use the XCP Ethernet Interface as External Mode on the Eval-Board RT1170-EVK. Unfortunately, the following error message appears in Simulink:

Error:External Mode Open Protocol Connect command failed
Caused by:
Could not connect to XCP slave: XCP Master TCP/IP error: Connect failed

NXP does not provide any information about the settings for this kind of external mode connection (no Example, no user manual). Can someone please help me with the hardware board settings regarding XCP Ethernet? (e.g. Is the specified default port correct? Are the settings under "Download" important? ...)

Thanks in advance

Julian

0 Kudos
1 Reply

nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

hi @JulK ,

When running external mode over ethernet, you need to make sure that the address specified in the IP address field is the same as the IP address specified in the Ethernet tab, in hardware settings:

nxa11767_0-1651694682999.png

The values from Ethernet tab are being used to setup the ENET interface. And the board will have that IP set up. And in the External mode, in IP address you need to specify the IP address of the board.

The values set in the Ethernet tab are just for reference - you can set up your network adapter with the desired address and modify there the IP and Gateway - the gateway must have the IP address you set on the host PC for the Eth adapter . - you'll need t Make sure that the ethernet cable is inserted in the right connector on the board - there is one for 100mbs and one for enet1g/qos. 

I hope is more clear now.

Best regards,

Alexandra

0 Kudos