Devkit Motor GD Application not working.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devkit Motor GD Application not working.

krishnachaitan3
Contributor I

I was trying to build a motor control application with S32K144 and Devkit Motor GD. But it is not working. I connected the power supply to the Devkit board. When is do this and build the model from simulink, it is being built successfully but I cannot see any voltage values in Freemaster. I also tried observing the Phase Voltage and Hall Voltage readings using a Voltmeter but I could not see any values. There is no problem with the motor since I used it for different applications using different board. Should I connect power to both the boards or is there any other solution? 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

krishnachaitan3
Contributor I

Hello dumitru-daniel.popa ,

Thank you for your reply. I am using the Low-Cost Motor Control Solution for DEVKIT Platform|NXP. Is this different from the one that you have used in the https://community.nxp.com/thread/460314 ?

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi krishnachaitanyadevulapalli‌,

I used a prototype version but ultimately is the same solution. Between the proto and the revision you are using there are minimal changes.

Please try to follow the HW settings shown in the article suggested. Most of those are on the S32K144EVB.

You should be able to spin the motor with HALL sensors in BLDC mode by applying 12V power only on the barrel connector if you perform the jumper configuration shown on the S32K144 EVB.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Daniel

0 Kudos

dumitru-daniel_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi krishnachaitanyadevulapalli‌,

Have you tried to use this quide: How to Spin a Motor with NPX's MOTORGD, S32K and MPC5744P ?

The S32K section describes the HW settings and also provides a demo application to try it.

Hope it helps!

Daniel

0 Kudos