Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Symbols to ELF file with Simulink Coder

Jump to solution
E_S
Contributor II

Hello there,

I am using Simulink Coder with the MCSXTE2BK142.

I want to debug the Simulink signals / data stores in FreeMaster.

What do I have to do in Matlab Simulink so that the signal or data store is listed in the .elf file? If it is listed in the .elf file, I can show the value in Freemaster in real time.

It works in the original example project, but I do not know how to configure it.

It seems to me that I need to change the Storage class of the data store memory block (https://community.nxp.com/t5/Model-Based-Design-Toolbox-MBDT/How-to-read-Simulink-signals-with-FreeM...). But I have no option for that. Is there a way for me to configure the storage class of the data store memory somewhere else?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @E_S ,

On latest versions of matlab, the data storage changed and there is no longer option to set the storage type from the data memory storage block parameters. Instead you need to switch to Code perspective in your Simulink model :

nxa11767_1-1649333129068.png

And you'll see in the bottom bar a Code Mappings - C view:

nxa11767_0-1649333056744.png

Go to Data storage tab and there you can see your declared data memories and select the storage class.

Hope this info helps!

Best regards,

Alexandra

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Loop645
Contributor I

The ASAM MCD-2 MC standard, also known as ASAP2, is a data definition standard proposed by the Association for Standardization of Automation and Measuring Systems (ASAM). ASAP2 is a non-object-oriented description of the data used for measurement, calibration, and diagnostic systems. For more information on ASAM and the ASAM MCD-2 MC (ASAP2) standard, see the ASAM website at

0 Kudos
nxa11767
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @E_S ,

On latest versions of matlab, the data storage changed and there is no longer option to set the storage type from the data memory storage block parameters. Instead you need to switch to Code perspective in your Simulink model :

nxa11767_1-1649333129068.png

And you'll see in the bottom bar a Code Mappings - C view:

nxa11767_0-1649333056744.png

Go to Data storage tab and there you can see your declared data memories and select the storage class.

Hope this info helps!

Best regards,

Alexandra

JRoberto
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi E_S,
I redirected your question to the right forum.

Have a nice day!

0 Kudos