cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB DFU driver

gaminn
Contributor IV

Hello,

when I connect my USB DFU Bootloader device (AN4370) to PC, I can see device named DFU DEMO was plugged in, but I can't install driver for it. During drivers installation I navigate to ../DFU_winusb_driver folder with DFU_Device_Runtime.inf, but then it tells me that Windows can't find the driver. Any ideas? I have Windows 7.

Tags (2)
5 Replies

alexandrevincon
Contributor III

I've had the same driver installation problem, and it was solved by strictly following the procedure detailled in AN4370: when installing the driver manually, you must use the "choose driver from a list" option, as described in page 18 of the AN.

Hope this helps...

AV

0 Kudos

Martin_
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I downloaded AN4370SW today and tried to install the driver on my Windows 7 machine and I was able to install both DFU Runtime and DFU Device drivers. Did you follow AN4370 section 5.4.1 Driver installation, especially the "Have disk..." approach ? This worked for me. Windows 7 complain that drivers are not digitally signed, so I used force option to install them and then they worked.

I use twrk70f120m with TWR-SER.

First I load the DFU bootloader application for K70 into the board using CW 10.2.

Then I restart the board with the SW2 button on processor board pressed; then I plug-in usb cable into my PC. Windows 7 then install USB HID device automatically, and I use "Have disk..." to force intallation of DFU Runtime.inf.

Then I unplug the usb cable and plug it back and use "Have disk..." to force installation of DFU Device.inf.

gaminn
Contributor IV

Dear Martin!

Thanks for your answer. I use custom board with MK20DX256 MCU. My problem is probably in inaccurate clock source for USB module. At least I hope in that. I have to buy more accurate crystal.

0 Kudos

sunilkonda
Contributor II

Hi Martin,

Are you able to solve the driver issue. I am also facing the driver compatible issue on twrk40x256 board.

Thanks in advance..

Regards

Sunil

0 Kudos

gaminn
Contributor IV

Hi,

I got TWR-K70 and I have the same issue with it as with my custom board. Tried on Windos 7 32 bit and Windows 7 64 bit.

Somebody from Freescale should assist here...

Martin

0 Kudos