Any examples on using the LocalPlus Bus with MQX?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any examples on using the LocalPlus Bus with MQX?

Jump to solution
Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Does anyone know of any example code showing how to activate an address window/chip select using MQX(3.8). I'm using a Freescale TWR-MPC5125 but I would take example code for anything at this point. I've tried directly writing the processor registors to set window location/size (seems successful) and chip select config (unable to write to that register?) but I'm having no luck. Thanks for any suggestions....

~Tim

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Tim,

It is not a specific example but rather an added target option.

Open a twrmcf52259 hello example and one of the targets will be for MRAM.

The BSP for it will have initialization code for the FlexRegards egards,

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tim,

Good news bad news.

First the good.  The tower kit has an extra card called the TWR-MEM card that can be added to your kit to give access to the MRAM that uses the external bus and chip selects.  Not certain why but the examples seemed to be with ColdFire devices (twrmcf52259 or m52259evb).

I've not looked at twrmpc5125 to know if the external bus matches up with the TWR-MEM card or not.  Just look at the schematics for both should let you know.

The bad news if mpc5125 has been deprecated from MQX4.0.

Regards,

David

Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply, I don't see any example projects in my "C:\Program Files\Freescale\Freescale MQX 3.8\mqx\examples" folder that makes use of a TWR-MEM card. Is the example code your refering to included in the MQX 4.0 installation or do I need to buy the TWR-MEM module to get it? Is the example project small enough that you could post a zip file of the project here? Example projects for ColdFire devices would likley still be helpfull for figuring out how MQX likes to use the LocalPlus bus. Thanks again for your reply.

Best,

Tim

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Tim,

It is not a specific example but rather an added target option.

Open a twrmcf52259 hello example and one of the targets will be for MRAM.

The BSP for it will have initialization code for the FlexRegards egards,

David

0 Kudos