Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSL For MQX

Jump to solution
rdazcal
Contributor III

Greetings,

I`m posting my question here because I`m not really sure where who should it be directed to.

I found a SSL implementation for MQX here: http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=NANOSSL&tab=Buy_Parametric_Tab&nodeId...

How does licensing works for it? Is it a single $200 payment and than I can use it freely?

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
rav
Contributor III

http://www.freescale.com/nanossl

This Software Includes

• Lifetime use of NanoSSL on all supported devices that are currently or become available within the initial 12 months of your license.*
  • 1 year of technical support and maintenance

* Beyond the initial 12 month period, newly supported devices, technical support, and maintenance are available for renewal to ensure access to the latest versions.

Purchase NanoSSL through one-time $199 fee to unlock source code.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
chrisc
Contributor II

Hi Rafael,

I just noticed your post about an SSL implementation for MQX.  We recently finished a port of the CyaSSL embedded SSL library over to MQX/RTCS/MFS with support for Kinetis and the H/W RNGA as well.  Please see my original post, here:

CyaSSL embedded SSL now available for MQX!

CyaSSL provides both SSL client and server functionality with standards support up to TLS 1.2 and DTLS.  CyaSSL is dual licensed under both the GPLv2 as well as a standard commercial license.

Best Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
ARQuattr
Contributor IV

Chris, I assume this will only work on Kinetis, i.e. not Coldfire V2?

0 Kudos
rdazcal
Contributor III

Can you guys direct me to where I can get this kind of information?

Thanks

0 Kudos
rav
Contributor III

http://www.freescale.com/nanossl

This Software Includes

• Lifetime use of NanoSSL on all supported devices that are currently or become available within the initial 12 months of your license.*
  • 1 year of technical support and maintenance

* Beyond the initial 12 month period, newly supported devices, technical support, and maintenance are available for renewal to ensure access to the latest versions.

Purchase NanoSSL through one-time $199 fee to unlock source code.

0 Kudos
drummer
Contributor IV

I finally took a chance and purchased the nano SSL  package. I am currently using MQX3.6. After I installed it into the processor expert I verified that it exists. My licence obviously works after appending the licence.dat.

But I don't see how I can use it. What I wanted to do is generate some code using a "bean" cut and paste it into my MQX

project. I did this for the edge triggered interrupt inputs. Is there a bean for this ? If there is I can't find it.

I am currently producing products based on the MCF52259 CHIP. My goal is to create an HTTPS web page.

Does anyone out there have examples I can follow?

0 Kudos
MarcJ
Contributor I

As the moderator states, the NanoSSL component works only in client mode. So you can use it to securely connect to a server system running SSL But it will not work as the SSL server endpoint.

Having said that, the NanoSSL is a PE component, so you should be able to add it to your project as a regular component, configure it in the PE inspector panel and then generate the code for it.

If you are using CW 10.X please take a look at the Problems panel and post any error or warning shown on it.

Best regards

Marc

0 Kudos
drummer
Contributor IV

I have a floating licence.

I bought the package.

It doesn't work due to a licencing issue.

Freescale replies.

The Nano SSL and Nano SSH products are not sold as floating license products at this point, only nodelocked.  Do you currently already have your CodeWarrior floating license up and running?

All I want is to talk to a secure site, exchange certificates, use the Nano SSL from my 52259 based board.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
drummer
Contributor IV

What is the correct proceedure for compiling the demo application provided?

Where can I find app notes?

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Drummer,

The product web pages have appnote link:

http://www.freescale.com/nanpssl or http://www.freescale.com/nanossh

Also look under the "Learn More" towards bottom right of page.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

David

0 Kudos
drummer
Contributor IV

I'm currently producing aproximately 1000 pcs per month of my current board. This will be ramping up very soon.

I'm committed to using codewarrior 7.2 with MQX 3.6 due to my field upgrade methodology where it is crucial that the MQX operating system remains intact therefore I cannot upgrade my compiler to V10.

I don't know why I have such a hard time finding application notes on the web site.

The app notes concerning the mocana SSL require using V10.

Maybe this is my problem.

Is there a way of using codewarrior 7.2?

My problem is that I cannot extract the common header files from the CAU.

0 Kudos
PaoloRenzo
Contributor V

Hi Rick

Attached document might help you

Regards

rav
Contributor III

NanoSSL and NanoSSH is for client only .  To do HTTPS web page you need to server nanoSSL and nanoSSH from Mocana.

0 Kudos
ARQuattr
Contributor IV

Sorry for posting in this old thread, but I opened a new topic and submitted a ticket but haven't received any responses.

I've purchased NanoSSL and have tried installing it but I don't see how to implement this in my project.  I don't see any of the included files shown in the documentation and example code.  My original post is here: https://community.freescale.com/message/309684#309684

If anyone has any experience getting this working (especially if not using PE), I would greatly appreciate your help.

0 Kudos