cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How To: Get Started with MQX RTOS for Kinetis SDK v1.1

panfengjiang
Contributor II

Hello Mac,

This is an excellent getting started guide for MQX for Kinetis SDK. I was able to compile and test the MQX demos by following the step by step guide.

But besides compiling the "existing" example projects in SDK1.1 installation directory, could you please share some information about how to create a MQX project using KDS2.0 + SDK1.1 + PE from scratch?

I tried different ways to create a MQX project using KDS2.0 + SDK1.1 + PE from scratch on FRDM-K64F, but have not got satisfactory results:

1) Firstly I tried to use the MQX_KSDK component but with the error message as follows:

18828_18828.pngMQX_KSDK error.png

2) After reading through some of the posts, I just removed the MQX_KSDK component from the project and keep only the osa component as follows and changed the OS type to MQX_KSDK.

18829_18829.pngosa.png

I then used the OS_Task component to create three tasks.

18831_18831.pngos_task.png

The first task "live_led" is to blink the red LED on FRDM-K64F, it actually worked fine.

The second task is to make the green LED on when SW2 is pressed, the third task is to make the blue LED on when SW3 is pressed. But after adding the SW2 and SW3 tasks, the project can be compiled but does not work any more. I could not find out why.

I attached the project file for your information.

If possible, could you please create a step by step guide to create a MQX based project using KDS2.0 + KSDK1.1 + PE from scratch?

Thank you very much!

-Panfeng Jiang

Original Attachment has been moved to: mqx_started_k64.zip

6 Replies

mauroansaloni
Contributor II

Hi I imported and compiled your example mqx_started_k64.zip

(Very useful to have a working example for PE+KDS+MQX)

After running it and notice that the first task gets stuck the first time that executes  OSA_TimeDelay(100); I played a bit and

discovered that if you put the three task at the same priority (8 in my tests) it will work as expected;

maybe it' s worth to give a try.

It seems that a different priority of the tasks causes the trouble (you tasks where at priority 8, 9 and 32)

(test performed using KDS2.0  and SDK1,1)

Mauro

0 Kudos

macl
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

I finished putting together a tutorial on getting started with Kinetis Design Studio, Kinetis SDK, MQX RTOS, and Processor Expert.  I hope this helps solve some of the issues you had.

Check it out at How To: Create an MQX RTOS project with Processor Expert in Kinetis Design Studio IDE

Thanks,
Mac

panfengjiang
Contributor II

Hi Mac,

I have also followed the guide and was able to build both MQX based project using KDS2.0 + KDS1.1 and Processor Expert. I personally prefer to use this method rather thanthe one specified in https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-103405. Thank you for sharing the information.

Maybe it is because this post is moved from other post I can't find a button for "Correct Answer" to close this post.

Thanks.

Panfeng Jiang

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Panfeng Jiang,

Please check the below link https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-103405

You can find a document which provides guides to create a new MQX project using Kinetis SDK. I hope this helps!!

Have a great day,
Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

panfengjiang
Contributor II

Hi Sol,

Thank you so much for providing the information for the guide. It is an excellent document to get started with MQX for KSDK. I have been able to create and compile an MQX project based on that.

Regards,

Panfeng Jiang

0 Kudos

macl
Senior Contributor I

Hi,

Hope you don't mind that I moved your reply to its own branch since it is on a separate topic.  Yes, I have been working on the steps to create a project from scratch using MQX + KSDK 1.1 + KDS 2.0 + PEx.  I will post it very soon.

Thanks,

Mac

0 Kudos