cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexcan TX issues

derekkrouze
Contributor II

Hello,

I am currently working with mqx 4.1.1 in IAR and having issues with flexcan transmission. I am using the RxFIFO and I have one mailbox configured for transmission. Every so often I notice that the data gets put in the mailbox and the code changes to data (0x0C) but then the message just sits there, no interrupt is ever exerted to signal a valid transmission. Pausing operation to look at the registers doesn't show any errors and that the message buffer is still set to Data and the iflag is clear. However receiving another message on the inbound RxFIFO seems to kick the system and the message in the buffer will then be sent. I have a CAN Monitor on the system and can verify that the data never hits the wire. I have tried to setup multiple mailboxes and it still gives me the same results. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Derek

0 Kudos
2 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Derek:

which board you are using?

0 Kudos

derekkrouze
Contributor II

Hi Daniel,

I'm using a custom board with the Kinetis K61. I believe I have found a solution to my problem though. Looking at this link:  ENGR00258885 flexcan: fix errata ERR005641 that MB may fail to be sent - Gitorious There is an issue where stuffing the MB happens at the perfect moment during the arbitration process which results in the bus going idle and the message never making it out.

-Derek

0 Kudos