Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correcting MQX Time Drift In TWR-MPC-5125

Jump to solution
Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Hi All,

A long time ago someone here posted a way to specify the proper oscillator frequency to MQX so that it would keep time more accurately. It seems that, in some cases, the crystal frequency on some of the TWR-MPC-5125 modules didn't match the setting in one of the MQX #define statements causing MQX to provide pretty inaccurate time/date values. I'm experiencing that problem now and I'm unable to remember what change was required to make this adjustment and I can't seem to locate the post any longer!

Does anyone know which #define statement in which file should be adjusted to properly specify the crystal frequency for the 5125? Thanks!

Best,

Tim

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Ahhh,

Found the answer. Dave Willett provided the fix back on November 2011. Thanks again Dave!

From Dave:

Check your crystal frequency.  The schematics and MQX code call for 33.3M but some boards have a 32.768M crystal.  Update your linker files (.lcf) to use the correct frequency:

__EXTERNAL_CLOCK_SPEED = 32768000;

~Tim

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Tim562
Senior Contributor I

Ahhh,

Found the answer. Dave Willett provided the fix back on November 2011. Thanks again Dave!

From Dave:

Check your crystal frequency.  The schematics and MQX code call for 33.3M but some boards have a 32.768M crystal.  Update your linker files (.lcf) to use the correct frequency:

__EXTERNAL_CLOCK_SPEED = 32768000;

~Tim

0 Kudos