A problem with TAD and stack size

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A problem with TAD and stack size

mikesandlin
Contributor I

I am using KDS 3.0.0, KSDK 1.2.0 and OpenOCD connected to a FRDM-K64 board. TAD works with the hello_frdmk64f demo. While working through some of the lab exercises from this site to familiarize myself with the system and MQX, I found that TAD would not return data when the program was paused. I eventually traced the problem to the stack size declaration in the task setup. With a declared stack size of 900 or less for each task, it works, with a stack size of 1000 or greater, it doesn't. Is there something I have missed in the setup?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

simonteki
Contributor II

i have kind of the same issue with my twr-k60f120m board but TAD stops working after 5000 stack in total.

the error from the log

(08:45:33.384) NullPointerException: com.freescale.mqx.gdb.tad.model.tasklist.TaskFactory.getData() at 71.line "readMemoryBlock32bit()"

0 Kudos

yorknh
Contributor IV

I am running into the same kind of thing with KDS 3.0.0 and KSDK 1.3.0. I'm running on a twrk60d100m and the magic stack size that causes TAD to not display anything is somewhere between 2400 and 2500. In my case I created a standalone project based around the mqx hello example. If I change the stack size of the "world" task to 2500, TAD stops displaying anything as soon as the world task is created. If I change it to 2400, it displays everything fine.

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mike,

Unfortunately I cannot to reproduce your issue, I tested using the hello_frdmk46f, I increased the stack size to 1500 and it works.

Could you let me know how did you create your project?

Could you please add screenshots?

Regards

Soledad

0 Kudos

mikesandlin
Contributor I

Hello Soledad,

This was my first successful(?) attempt to create a project for MQX. I simply imported, then copied the hello_frdm64f project, then replaced the linked folders and corrected the include paths. I have attached the project source. When I run with a stack size of 700 and hit pause, then select Task List from the drop down list under MQX on the toolbar, I get the task list. With a stack size of 1500, I get a blank. I am new to MQX and the KDS, so it is quite likely I made some silly mistake, but I can't find it.

Thank you,

Mike Sandlin

0 Kudos

dave408
Senior Contributor II

Hi @Mike_Sandlin, how are you getting along with this?  Did you figure it out?  I can load this up on my FRDM-K64F if having another sample point helps.  You can then send your issue to support and they'll look at it if no one here can figure it out.

0 Kudos