cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radar sensors and Development Kit

rahulkumar007
Contributor I

Hi, 

I'm looking for radar sensors for autonomous driving application. 

Does the sensor TEF810X comes with an on-board processor? 

If not, what type of output it will be providing?

Also, is there a SDK that can help me implementing it faster?

I came across this RDK-S32R274. But there is no info. regarding buying the same.

Also if you can suggest some hardware along with the radar sensor which can be implemented faster.

Regards 

0 Kudos
3 Replies

rahuljaiswal198
Contributor I

Hello NXP,

What is the current lead time on this RDK? What is the AZ and EL beamwidth of the antenna and what is the substrate used for the antenna?

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Rahul,

TEF810X is not sensor, but this is radar transceiver (also known as radar front-end). Please look at the link below, where NXP provides RDK-S32R274. This platform will be available in July and this will be compatible with Radar SDK.

S32R27 Automotive Radar Reference Design Kit | NXP 

About Radar SDK, this is distributed with S32 Design Studio. Please see the S32DS download link.

S32 Design Studio IDE for Power Architecture based MCUs | NXP 

As soon as S32DS is installed, you can install latest update which provides the newest version of Radar SDK.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-343018 

All Radar SDK documentation and examples are available as soon as you install S32DS and the update above. Documentation can be found in S32DS installation folder.

Please let me know, if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

rahulkumar007
Contributor I

Hi Martin, 

Thanks for the above info. 

I would also like to know the feasibility of integrating the RF front-end with other micro-controller or processors available. 

Currently i have a Nvidia Tx2 board. https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/autonomous-machines/embedded-systems/jetson-tx2/

Can i interface the front-end with the above development kit ? 

Also, how many front-ends can be interfaced simultaneously with a single S32R27 Development board?

Also, is there a  possibility to order some samples, before I buy it on large scale?

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos