cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processor Master ID

jyothsnarajan
Contributor V

Hi,

In the Reference Manual for MPC574x Power PC, interrupts section, there is frequent reference to Processor Master ID as in this description for the PSRn register configuration:

"

Only the processor with master ID zero will be allowed to write the INTC_PSRn[PRC_SEL,SWT]. When writing the INTC_PSR[PRI], only the processor with master ID 0 and the processor who’s master ID matches the setting of the
INTC_PSRn[PRC_SEL] will be allowed to write the INTC_PSRn[PRI]. An attempt by any other processor to write the PSRn[PRIn] will result in a termination error.
If INTC_MPROT[MPROT]=0 (disabled), all processors have write access.
If INTC_MPROT[MPROT]=1 (enabled), the processor with master ID (0-3) = INTC_MPROT[ID] or the corresponding processor has write access to INTC_PSRn[PRC_SEL,SWT], otherwise, a termination error is asserted. When writing
the INTC_PSRn[PRI], only the processor with master ID (0-3) = INTC_MPROT[ID] and the processor whose master ID (0-3) matches the setting of the INTC_PSRn[PRC_SEL] will be allowed to write the INTC_PSRn[PRI]. An attempt by any other processor to write the INTC_PSRn[PRI] will result in a termination error.

"

For all other configuration, I use the coreId of 0 to n-1 (n = number of cores) to split the processing between the cores. (a) What is master ID? is it different from coreId?  Is it configurable by the user?  

(b ) what does "corresponding processor" mean in the above description? 

(c) In S32DS, how can I configure MPROT and MPROT_ID using Processor Expert? 

(d) For my application, i want to use Software interrupt SS5_IRQn to interrupt core1 from core0. Only core0 should be able to set the interrupt and only core 1 should be able to clear the interrupt. How should the register be configured?

Thank you.

JoyR

@Alex_Peck

bkreger@gmail.com

0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

(a) What is master ID? is it different from coreId?  Is it configurable by the user?  

Master ID => is the logical bus master assignments

As I do not know which device you are using I can only show below the screenshot of MPC5746R reference manual.

pastedImage_15.png

(b ) what does "corresponding processor" mean in the above description? 

Means only processor which ID corresponds to INTC_MPROT access settings.

(c) In S32DS, how can I configure MPROT and MPROT_ID using Processor Expert? 

I am not familiar with PExpert. Someone else should answer you quesiton.

(d) For my application, i want to use Software interrupt SS5_IRQn to interrupt core1 from core0. Only core0 should be able to set the interrupt and only core 1 should be able to clear the interrupt. How should the register be configured?

1) Program INTC_PSR5 for core0 interrupt execution only.

pastedImage_22.png

This is done by default from reset settings

2) Program INTC Master Protection Register (INTC_MPROT) according to your needspastedImage_23.png

regards,

Peter