Problems with RDAIRBAGPSI5 airbag platforms with Airbag Reference Demonstrator in Windows 10

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with RDAIRBAGPSI5 airbag platforms with Airbag Reference Demonstrator in Windows 10

radudrosescu
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to use the RDAIRBAGPSI5 and RDAIRBAGPSI5-1 airbag platforms with Airbag Reference Demonstrator (ARD) running with FreeMASTER 3.1.0.5 Software under Windows 10 64.

I use RDAIRBAGPSI5 FreeMaster GUI software resources from

https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Designs-Knowledge-Base/RDAIRBAGPSI5-Airbag-Reference-Platform/ta-p/...             (MiddleARD_FreeMASTER.pmp)

but also an older application RDAIRBAGPSI5_FreeMASTER.pmp

Communication with PC is ok, the message "Communication with Reference Board Works Properly" appears, the four red LEDs turn on one after another, then they all turn off, the Green and Orange LEDs light and, remain ON. I can modify all the parameters in the Debug panel with the observation that this possibility is maintained even after activating the Watchdog.

The program certainly is not in Demo mode.

I think the problem occurs between ARD demonstrator, GUI Freemaster and Windows 10. I only have access to Debug Mode. Application and Information mode are not active. If I select Project-Options-HTMLPage and modify Internet Explorer with ChromiumEmbeddedFramework, there is no possibility to communicate with the board in DebugMode, there is access to the Application and Information pages without the appearance of the car or acceleration graphics and without the possibility to execute anything. (just simple web pages that overlap one another when going through the three menus).

I think there is a problem between Internet Explorer and FreeMaster.

I am waiting for clarification

Thanks!

Radu

0 Kudos
5 Replies

rdrosescu
Contributor III

Hi,

I find that ARP is an active product for which both documentation and the program of use are provided.
https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Designs-Knowledge-Base/RDAIRBAGPSI5-Airbag-Reference-Platform/ta-p/...
It doesn't work for me. Did anyone check if it still works with the new versions of Windows and FreeMaster? I think enough time has passed since I raised this issue and I think that, owner of two such platforms, I would qualify for a clear answer from the company.

Thanks,

Radu

0 Kudos

radudrosescu
Contributor III

Hello Peter,

Something new about my question?

Radu

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I never tried this demo before. But generally I would say if IE page does not throw any errors in JavaScript or security level (which is what some customers experiencing on Win10) it is working correctly.

Switch to Chromium mode is certainly not a solution (different principles of FM communication via JSON-RPC)

Does this demo worked for you in the past? For example on older WIn?

best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Let me check it with the KIT owner and I will feedback you ASAP.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

rdrosescu
Contributor III

Hello Peter,

Happy New Year!
Yes, this application worked for me in Windows 7 in 2016. If you look at the attached main program source code, it remains in  case (0) -Debug Mode not receiving an interrupt from FreeMaster and setting  intCurrentTab. I did not find this variable declared anywhere.
Best regards,
Radu
0 Kudos