cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5634 Flash Problem

dennisyuan
Contributor III

Hi ,

I am using the MPC5634 to develop the bootloader and application, the bootloader resetvector is 0x00000000, and the application resetvector is 0x00100000,they are in the same Bank0.

Now the problem is when I use bootloader to download the application always erase flash failed.But if the application resetvector is not in Bank0,it can erase flash success.

So I have the following 2 questions :

1.Why does the bootloader can't erase the flash area which is in the same Bank with the bootloader?

2.If can erase,what should I do?

Thanks and regards,

Dennis Yuan

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
6 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

1) Read-While-Write (RWW) is supported between banks only. Thus, code performing flash programming must be either located in another bank or relocated to SRAM.

2) Relocate flash programming code to SRAM.

0 Kudos

dennisyuan
Contributor III

Hi David,

Thank you very much to give me this answer ,but i still can't erase the area 0x00100000 of bank0 , I have Relocate flash programming code to SRAM address 0x40012000,and updated the LCF flie like this:pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_4.png

and when debug ,There is  the data in the  the SRAM address 0x40012000,you can see as follow:

pastedImage_6.png

but the result is not ok, I still can't erase or write the bank0 area 0x00100000,so I want to ask you :

1.Whether My LCF file config is correct? if not,what is the correct configration?

2.Whether need the other config in other files?if need.could you tell me how to config ?

Thanks and regards,

Dennis Yuan

0 Kudos

dennisyuan
Contributor III

Hi David,

thank you for your support ,and  I have another question about the SSD ,where can I find the MPC5634 flash driver and demo program?

the SSD :MPC56XX_C90LC_JDP_SSD_100_DEVD ,I am not sure it can use .it just support the following chips:

Do u have any suggestion ?

QQ图片20170227232634.png
0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You can see any of these demos as the principle is the same. SSD library can be applied to MPC5634M device as well.

dennisyuan
Contributor III

Hi David,

Thank you for your great support ,I'll try it ,

thank you very much !

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, try to see following example code:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-101849 

I have just made there what you are dealing about. LCF files modified plus programming in main routine.

Hope it helps

0 Kudos