Flash file to target Error,Chip reported error during program. Please check that the sector you are programming is erased.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash file to target Error,Chip reported error during program. Please check that the sector you are programming is erased.

Jump to solution
wwww
Contributor II

I'm using Flash file to target and everything is ok at begining,but when downloading 0x000014D8 bytes to 0x0003ED38  the promblem occureed,the chip is MPC5604S,and i'm sure the mot file is ok and the chip is whole erased

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_1.pnggr

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the update. Let us apologize about the delay.

we are able to reproduce the issue on our side. Indeed this seems to be a bug in Flash configuration file/Flash to File component.

I've logged this issue into our defect tracking database under the number CWM-706.

Thank you for your report.

Stan

View solution in original post

10 Replies
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

According to the screenshot you are programming code Flash.

Are you able to program your MCU using CodeWArrior Debug configuration instead of "flash to file" feature?

Do you use a custom board or NXP/freescale one?

Which debug probe are you using? 

Stan

0 Kudos
wwww
Contributor II

Hi,

i am use a custom board with PE Multilink Universal,16pins, and i can use Debug to program MCU.

the mot file i programed was generated by Codewarrior.

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

if programming MCU via Debug iis fine then I'd suspect there is an error in Flash to file component.

In order to be able to reproduce we'd need your .mot file could you share it with us?

there are two approaches - either publically (simply post it here) or you can create a support ticket (https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329745 )

Thank you

Stan.

0 Kudos
wwww
Contributor II

hi,

i just delet the error address range  in the mot file and tried program again,it's succeeded. 

the mot file was generate by the IDE, dose it possible that the code in this address has problem?

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Thank you for creating Support Ticket and sharing the binary file.

I've checked the Srecord seems to be ok.

As the next step I plan to test it on the same device as you have.

Are you able to program elf file via Debug configuration?

pastedImage_1.png

I'll keep you informed about the progress.

Stan

0 Kudos
wwww
Contributor II

hi,

thanks for your reply.

yes ,i can program elf file via debug configuration.

0 Kudos
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the update. Let us apologize about the delay.

we are able to reproduce the issue on our side. Indeed this seems to be a bug in Flash configuration file/Flash to File component.

I've logged this issue into our defect tracking database under the number CWM-706.

Thank you for your report.

Stan

wwww
Contributor II

hi,

i create a new support ticket and upload the mot file

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

which version of CodeWarrior do you use?

Can you see the same behavior on more boards or did you try to replace the MCU? Because programming of previous sectors passed, the flash may be damaged. This is the first thing I would try.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
wwww
Contributor II

Codewarrior 10.7, and i tried other boards, it's all same error in same address.

0 Kudos