cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCF Clients - Program - MPC5746R

Jump to solution
demian91
Contributor III

Hi is possible to program the UTEST sector, in my case, starts from 0x400310, program with code for each 8 bytes of DCF Client without problems with the OTP. i understand that once you program a byte, is for ever so i want to be sure. I test in other sector that if i only program what the necesary space (to the end of DCF Clients) it can be continued after.

1 Solution
demian91
Contributor III

In the third sentence i say that i test that i can program in phrases of 4 bytes so it wouldn't be a problem because i understand that the minimum sector to be programmed is 32 bytes. I was afraid that if i program 4 bytes, others bytes is going to be programmed so i couldn't program the next DCF Clients in the future. Is i program for example 0xFFFFFFFF in a location with the same value 0xFFFFFFFF, it programs that once for ever or in reality i can always program this location with bits 1 to 0?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I am quite confused by your explanation.

I will summarize it.

is possible to program the UTEST sector, in my case, starts from 0x400310, program with code for each 8 bytes of DCF Client without problems with the OTP.

Yes you can program this UTEST space with  64-bit DCF clients.

This area is OTP so you can program it only once. (it means each bit can be programmed only once)

i understand that once you program a byte, is for ever so i want to be sure.

Yes, that is what OTP means.

I test in other sector that if i only program what the necesary space (to the end of DCF Clients) it can be continued after.

I do not understand this sentence.

regards,

Peter

demian91
Contributor III

In the third sentence i say that i test that i can program in phrases of 4 bytes so it wouldn't be a problem because i understand that the minimum sector to be programmed is 32 bytes. I was afraid that if i program 4 bytes, others bytes is going to be programmed so i couldn't program the next DCF Clients in the future. Is i program for example 0xFFFFFFFF in a location with the same value 0xFFFFFFFF, it programs that once for ever or in reality i can always program this location with bits 1 to 0?

0 Kudos
demian91
Contributor III

Sorry a mistake, is 8 bytes not 4 bytes. With 4 Bytes it will be an error program in the fourth program of the phrase of 32 bytes.

0 Kudos