Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could'nt enter IVOR6 Exception Handler

Jump to solution
20Sidar04
Contributor III

Dear Mr. / Mrs.

I try to cause illegal instruction exception by following source code on MPC5777C;

typedef void (*myfunc)();
myfunc foo = 0;
foo();

This shows that I am on right way.

20Sidar04_0-1645458429921.png

As I see, when I tried debug my controller. My program is not stop on IVOR6_Exception_Handler. 

How to handle this problem. I tried to cause IVOR6 exception for MPC5777C.

Best regards.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

se_illegal instruction (opcode 0x0000) then it depends if the device is running in debug mode or in standalone mode:

- in debug mode, se_illegal works like software breakpoint. IVOR6 is not triggered. If you just step the code, it works like nop instruction. If you run the code and the program reaches se_illegal instruction, the device will stop execution and it will enter debug mode.

- if the device is running in standalone without debugger, se_illegal will trigger IVOR6 exception.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

se_illegal instruction (opcode 0x0000) then it depends if the device is running in debug mode or in standalone mode:

- in debug mode, se_illegal works like software breakpoint. IVOR6 is not triggered. If you just step the code, it works like nop instruction. If you run the code and the program reaches se_illegal instruction, the device will stop execution and it will enter debug mode.

- if the device is running in standalone without debugger, se_illegal will trigger IVOR6 exception.

0 Kudos
20Sidar04
Contributor III

Thanks David for advices. It works. 

0 Kudos