[SecureProvisioningTool] Can not boot binary if axf file is used for build image

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SecureProvisioningTool] Can not boot binary if axf file is used for build image

hiroshihiraga
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

When i tried to build the image of axf file with unsigned boot type, it won't boot the binary from Flash correctly. 

I did build the image on MCUXPresso IDE with the preprocessor define, XIP_BOOT_HEADER_ENABLE =0, and debug console is set to UART instead of semihosting. 

pastedImage_1.png

Then, go back to the Secure provisioning tool, "Boot Type" is selected to "unsigned" and Boot Device is selected to "Flex-spi-nor/IS25LPxxxA_IS25WPxxxA".

Then, select the binary, MIMXRT1062xxxxA_Project_XIP.axf. I can find the start address which is 0x60002000 and it should be correct.

pastedImage_2.png

Then, finally I program the unsigned binary image in the flash using the "Write Image" tab.

It was done successfully without any fail. 

pastedImage_3.png

However, it doesn't boot the binary correctly, meaning it won't show "Hello World" in the terminal.

If I select .bin file instead of .axf file when I build the image on the SecurepProvisioningTool and specify the correct start address by manual, It boots up correctly in the same manner of writing the image in Flash above.

Why axf file can not be used for my case?

Hiroshi,

1 Reply

hiroshihiraga
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I solved the issue after reinstall the Secure provisioning Tool now.

Thanks,

Hiroshi