Why do IMXRT header files differ from build to build?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do IMXRT header files differ from build to build?

Jump to solution
mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

I just added some code to check the reset source but got a compiler error.

The define "FSL_FEATURE_SRC_HAS_SRSR_JTAG_SW_RST" is undefined.

After looking into it I realized that the header file MIMXRT1021_features.h in our project does not include it but the example project does.

Both header files are at the same revision: rev. 1.0, 2018-11-16. The only difference in the NXP header is the Build number (used b190319, new downloaded sdk b191008).

Will this always be the case that there are changes in header/sdk files between two different builds without changing the revision number?

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan Mitterhauser,

Thanks for your reply and for reporting the phenomenon.

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan Mitterhauser,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and
for the opportunity to serve you.
After checking, I find that FSL_FEATURE_SRC_HAS_SRSR_JTAG_SW_RST is defined in the MIMXRT1021_features.h. And the version of my SDK is 2.7.0.
I've attached the MIMXRT1021_features.h and you can check it by yourself.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
mitterha
Senior Contributor I

Hello Jeremy,

thank you for you answer. I know that the SDK 2.7.0 includes the needed define. Before updating the file I was using the MIMXRT1021_features.h from SDK 2.6.1.

If you compare the two files attached to this post you can see that there were some changes but the revision history did not get updated.

If I get a new file and I want to check if anything changed to my used version I always have to compare the whole file and can not trust that the files are equal if they have the same version number.

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stefan Mitterhauser,

Thanks for your reply and for reporting the phenomenon.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos