cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variables in MKL25Z4.h file (#include)

ptcaos
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm trying to "convert" a CodeWarrior project to a MCUX Project. In my first test, I have created a new project for my board (FRDM-KL25Z, with its SDK already installed in my system for MCUX). After creating the project, I have added a file that I created some days ago in CodeWarrior:

#include <MKL25Z4.h>

#define RED_SHIFT (1 << 18)

void clockConfig();
void portBConfig();
void tpm0Config();

int main (void) {

clockConfig();
    portBConfig();
    tpm0Config();

while (1)
    {          
        while((TPM0_SC & TPM_SC_TOF_MASK) == 0) // wait until the TOF is set
        {
            ;
        }

TPM0_SC |= TPM_SC_TOF_MASK; // clear TOF
        GPIOB_PTOR = RED_SHIFT;     // toggle blue LED
    }
}

void clockConfig()
{
    // set clock to 2MHz
    MCG_C1 = MCG_C1_IREFS_MASK | MCG_C1_IRCLKEN_MASK; // INTERNAL CLOCK|MCGIRCLK ACTIVE(SET)
    MCG_C2 = MCG_C2_IRCS_MASK;                        // SELECT FAST INTERNAL REFERENCE CLOCK (1)
    SIM_SOPT2 |= SIM_SOPT2_TPMSRC(3);                 // MCGIRCLK IS SELECTED FOR TPM CLOCK
}

void portBConfig()
{
    SIM_SCGC5  |= SIM_SCGC5_PORTB_MASK; // enable clock to Port B
    PORTB_PCR18 = PORT_PCR_MUX(1);      // make PTB18 pin as GPIO
    GPIOB_PDDR |= RED_SHIFT;            // make PTB18 as output pin
}

void tpm0Config()
{
    SIM_SCGC6 |= SIM_SCGC6_TPM0_MASK; // enable clock to TPM0

TPM0_SC  = 0;                   // disable timer while configuring
    TPM0_SC |= TPM_SC_PS(5);        // prescaler
    TPM0_MOD = TPM_MOD_MOD(62500);  // modulo value
    TPM0_SC |= TPM_SC_TOF_MASK;     // clear TOF
    TPM0_SC |= TPM_SC_CMOD(1);      // enable timer free-running mode
}

My first line is an include to file <MKL25Z4.h>, where there are some defined variables. In my original source code, generated and write in CodeWarrior (Windows version), there are a variable called TPM0_SC. However, now, in my new MCUXpressoIDE (Linux version), file MKL25Z4.h (included) not contain that variable...

Same problem occurs with others variables...

Is it normal?

Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ptcaos
Contributor III

No no, if file $HOME/workspace/Test/CMSIS MCUX has added CMSIS subfolder that contains a copy of "MKL25Z4.h" file (includes file). In that file, there are some defined variables that start with "#define TPM1_" and continue with other names as "TPM1_BASE". So I don't understand why solution to my problem could be what you say (changing "-" to "->").-

Why?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi PT CAOS,

TPM1_BASE is just the address, you can find this define:

pastedImage_1.png

It is still the pointer, so you need to use -> instead of _.

If you want to use the _, eg, TPM1_SC, you must have the definition like the bare metal code for KL25:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

You can find, actually, the root still use ->, you can use the _ directly, because in your old CW project, it has the definition file like memMapPrt_kl25z4.h.

Actually, just modify the "_" to "->" is not complicate, you can try it on your side.

Wish it helps  you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

ptcaos
Contributor III

Hi again,

where can I configure MCUXpresso IDE about "_" to "->"? In others words, if I wrote "_" in Codewarrior, why does not compile my program with that syntax in MCUX? Is there any configuration parameter I could change?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi PT CAOS,

It is determined by your project head file, if your header file already define the register" _", then you can use it.

But some header file just define the register point, then you need to use"->".

From my own opinion, you can refer to the official SDK code, then it will help you to understand it.

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi PT CAOS,

Thank you for your interest in NXP kinetis product, I would like to provide service for you.

Change TPM0_SC to TPM0->SC

Change TPM0_MOD to TPM0->MOD.

Others is the same, just use "->" instead of "_".

Please try it on your side.

Wish it helps  you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos