MCUXpresso 11.4.x has problems with the dependency management of the Kinetis MKE1xZ MCU SDK

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso 11.4.x has problems with the dependency management of the Kinetis MKE1xZ MCU SDK

MarcoAEE
Contributor II

I have been using MCUXpresso for a few years with satisfaction, a few days ago I moved from version 11.3.x to version 11.4.x encountering problems in generating SDK 2.9.0 projects for MKE1xZ.

The behavior seems to be what you get by selecting a development board, in fact some default drivers are selected such as I2C, UART, SMC, etc ... and above all it is not possible to deselect them.
At the top of the window you will see an error message like: "Unsatisfied component 'MKE16Z4' dependencies!" which prevents you from continuing.

I point out that if you import an SDK example, it is possible to select/deselect the components at will without problems of dependencies.

I encountered the problem on both 11.4.0 and 11.4.1 versions
I have tested the operation without problems on versions 11.3.x and 10.3.x
I have verified that the problem is not on the SDK, also trying older versions (e.g. SDK 2.5.3) and new ones (e.g. SDK 2.10.0)
I have encountered the same errors for both MCU MKE16Z and MKE14Z

For now, I continue to use version 11.3.1
I hope I was helpful
Thanks for the support

0 Kudos
2 Replies

MarcoAEE
Contributor II

Hi Jing,

Unfortunately I have to point out that the same problem is present on the new MCUXpresso version 11.5.0

I also tried with new SDK 2.11 with the same results

I hope I was helpful
Thanks for the support

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MarcoAEE ,

Yes, lpadc and lpi2c driver is forced to join the list. In fact, you can exclude them from build without any problem after creating the project. I'll report this issue to software team.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos