Implement debug output to ble example frdm-kw41z

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implement debug output to ble example frdm-kw41z

artemkabakov
Contributor I

Hi, I ran and tested hello_world project, debug output work. I'm trying to set up debug functionality in ble prj (MCUXpresso 10.0.2_411, SDK2.2_MKW41Z, frdmkw41z_wireless_examples_bluetooth_temperature_sensor) and have problem.
1) I added to linker script GROUP (libcr_semihost_nf.a libcr_c.a libcr_eabihelpers.a) and _pvHeapStart region.
2)Preprocessor:

CR_INTEGER_PRINTF

DEBUG

FRDM_KW41Z

FREEDOM

PRINTF_FLOAT_ENABLE=0

SCANF_FLOAT_ENABLE=0

PRINTF_ADVANCED_ENABLE=0

SCANF_ADVANCED_ENABLE=0

SDK_DEBUGCONSOLE=0

__MCUXPRESSO

__USE_CMSIS

CPU_MKW41Z512VHT4_cm0plus

CPU_MKW41Z512VHT4
__REDLIB__
3)Calling 
BOARD_InitPins();
BOARD_BootClockRUN();
BOARD_InitDebugConsole();

PRINTF("hello world.\r\n");

But nothing is output to the console. What's wrong?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

florian_lebrun5
Contributor III

Hi Gerardo,

is it possible to perform this step once project has already been imported please ? i already modificate and import a lot in my project but my console is still not working ... ( i have a compilation error on _printf not defined ...)

https://community.nxp.com/message/1067949?q=console 

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos

gerardo_rodriguez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Artem Kabakov,

The bluetooth_temperature_sensor doesn't have console output enabled by default since it is a low power enabled demo. You can check out the BLE temperature collector demo which enables a shell console and writes data with the shell_write("...") function.

While importing the BLE project, to use the UART for printing (instead of the default semihosting), clear the “Enable semihost” checkbox under the project options. Then, click on Next.

On the Advanced Settings wizard, clear the checkbox “Redirect SDK “PRINTF” to C library “printf” in order to use the MCUXpresso SDK console functions for printing instead of generic C library ones. Then click on Finish.

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

Gerardo

0 Kudos