cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debugging issue

yosri_c
Contributor III

hello NXP ,

we're currently  working on a project using a custom  iMX RT1176 (CM7 master / CM4/ slave)  with the memory map attached below , the issue is when building for release we face no problem , but when we try to run a debugging session , the CM7 loads fine but the slave core wouldn't it through a hardfault 

we're not sure wether it's an memory mismatch or a debugger problem or one might suspect a flashing algorithm  issue via PEmicro Multilink for   flash programming 

yosri_c_0-1718873537371.png

yosri_c_1-1718873563135.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

yosri_c
Contributor III

hi there @HangZhang  

Thanks for the update , althought i want to believe it's a problem with debugger or flashing algorithm , i can't because i tried building and debugging with MCUxpresso version  11.6 and both cores loads correctly and i get the debugging interface and the adresses and the entry points , so the boot process is correct like you showed , with IDE v 11.9 i get this 

yosri_c_0-1719324447370.png

0 Kudos

HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yosri_c 

Do you mean that MCUxpresso version 11.6 can work while MCUxpresso version 11.9 cannot?

BR

Hang

yosri_c
Contributor III

hi @HangZhang

Yes , that's what it looks like happening ! 

0 Kudos

HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yosri_c 

Compare this image with the picture you sent.

HangZhang_0-1719310539711.png

There is no problem with the memory address, so it my be debugger problem or one might suspect a flashing algorithm issue via PEmicro Multilink for flash programming.

Hope this will help you.

BR

Hang

0 Kudos