cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debugging issue

yosri_c
Contributor III

hello NXP ,

we're currently  working on a project using a custom  iMX RT1176 (CM7 master / CM4/ slave)  with the memory map attached below , the issue is when building for release we face no problem , but when we try to run a debugging session , the CM7 loads fine but the slave core wouldn't it through a hardfault 

we're not sure wether it's an memory mismatch or a debugger problem or one might suspect a flashing algorithm  issue via PEmicro Multilink for   flash programming 

yosri_c_0-1718873537371.png

yosri_c_1-1718873563135.png

0 Kudos
6 Replies

KKR231
Contributor II

Go to project explorer and select project, now go to project setting and select memory and right click on memory and edit it. and in that select flash driver. Screenshot 2024-07-04 144614.png

0 Kudos

yosri_c
Contributor III

hi there @HangZhang  

Thanks for the update , althought i want to believe it's a problem with debugger or flashing algorithm , i can't because i tried building and debugging with MCUxpresso version  11.6 and both cores loads correctly and i get the debugging interface and the adresses and the entry points , so the boot process is correct like you showed , with IDE v 11.9 i get this 

yosri_c_0-1719324447370.png

0 Kudos

HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yosri_c 

Do you mean that MCUxpresso version 11.6 can work while MCUxpresso version 11.9 cannot?

BR

Hang

yosri_c
Contributor III

hi @HangZhang

Yes , that's what it looks like happening ! 

0 Kudos

HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yosri_c 

I'm sorry, I tested MCUxpresso version 11.6 and MCUxpresso version 11.9 on imxrt1170evkb board, 

they can work successfully.

I did not reproduce this issue.

BR

Hang

0 Kudos

HangZhang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi @yosri_c 

Compare this image with the picture you sent.

HangZhang_0-1719310539711.png

There is no problem with the memory address, so it my be debugger problem or one might suspect a flashing algorithm issue via PEmicro Multilink for flash programming.

Hope this will help you.

BR

Hang

0 Kudos